Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
The Radiologic Sciences Department at Boise State University is seeking to hire a highly motivated, hard-working, enthusiastic support staff. We currently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant I. This individual will be one of the faces of our department, working with faculty, staff, students, and the community. Our educational programs include diagnostic radiology, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, diagnostic medical sonography, and an online AS to BS imaging sciences program. This is a 10 month appointment, full-time position with benefits on campus.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform a wide variety of clerical support functions; apply detailed program knowledge in developing and/or maintaining program records systems and/or in collecting information, preparing reports and providing liaison between management, other organizational units, and external customers; perform related work.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
60% of the time the Administrative Assistant 1 must:
- Compose letters, correspondence, and memos requiring independent judgment as to content; compile and analyze information from a variety of sources to prepare reports.
- Utilize word processing equipment and/or computers to create, process, and maintain a variety of documents and administrative records containing technical information and difficult formats.
- Act as a liaison between their organizational unit and external customers.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings and conferences.
- Responsibility for financial record keeping including monitoring budgets, preparing financial transactions
- Supervise student support staff or have leadwork responsibilities.
35% of the time the Administrative Assistant 1 must:
- Record, track and maintain student’s clinical documentation.
- Purchase and monitor supplies for faculty, students, and labs
- Sets up student candidate interviews, including calendaring, distributing required material to the appropriate program director, and other candidate tasks, as assigned.
- Room/faculty scheduling for all on campus programs
- Answer telephone and email program inquiries
- Document travel transactions including authorizations, trip planning, and expense reports
5% Duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to make decisions for routine administrative and clerical activities
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices; bookkeeping; financial software; state and local government organization structure, functions, and decision-making processes.
Good knowledge of: office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, gathering and compiling data, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects. Score within the top 25 on exam.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications for this role as well as a resume with employment history and three references.