University Financial Services (UFS) is a unit within the Division of Finance and Administration. You will be joining an intentionally built culture with a strategic focus. The team follows the Enterprise Operating System (EOS) to drive results. All members of UFS are involved.
UFS's value words are:
1. Team Oriented: understands the dynamics of the team and works cohesively to accomplish a common goal.
2. Gets Things Done: prioritizes tasks and achieves the end goal.
3. Continuous Improvement: intentional commitment to making things better every day.
4. Ethical: honesty and integrity guides personal and professional behavior and judgment.
5. Adaptable: adjusts to change, being flexible, versatile, and cooperative.
6. Problem Solver: identifies and understands the interrelated components of an issue and seeks to implement solutions.
7. Respect: demonstrates care, concern and consideration for the perspective, needs and feelings of others.
Hybrid Remote or on-site options are available with this opportunity!
This position will remain open until finalists are determined.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provides analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, system configuration and administrative support, testing, reporting, and training relating to Boise State University’s suite of applications.
This position is part of a small team of resources who provide production support and maintenance support for implemented functionality. Additionally, this position works on assigned projects intended to support the continuous improvement model of the Office of Continuous Improvement. Continuous improvement projects range from small incremental impacts to large-scale campus-wide projects. This position also provides training and backup support for the data stewards for the Student Financials PeopleSoft systems as relates to Security. This position coordinates with the Change Management team to identify and implement strategies to increase efficiencies in the daily operation.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve issues encountered by users. Documents all changes to processes and functionality and assists in creating necessary training documents to support staff. Stays current on software updates, new functionality or enhancements to be able to make future state recommendations.
- Liaison between business and technical areas. Act as a business analyst, responsible for monitoring work to meet deadlines associated with any activity or project. Deliver solutions by providing extensive system expertise.
- Research issues related to system issues and provide direction for timely issue resolution. Responsible for testing of system fixes/patches. Upgrades including writing test scripts, executing test scripts to ensure no issues will be introduced to the system as a result of a patch or bundle.
- Work with report end-users to determine data requirements, design output format, validate results for both ad hoc and scheduled reports for internal use.
Enterprise Application Support - Troubleshoot & resolve issues referred by campus and University Financial Services and Human Resources. Identify when issues require assistance by OIT (PeopleSoft) or Oracle Bronco Hub to resolve; complete required documentation, including STAT tickets and Service Requests (SR’s). Utilize BI Publisher, Report Writer and Query to provide information to end-users. Will require research techniques to investigate system functionality and troubleshoot issues; will also be part of campus process improvement projects.
Project Management - Provide project management for implementation of new functionality including projected tasks, assignments, due dates, dependencies, accomplishments, and anticipated needs. Provide follow-up to monitor the progress of tasks and assignments to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected outcomes. Use defined measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
Research & Implement New Functionality - Research & recommend new functionality for all systems by exploring the system-wide impacts, working with functional users to define current & future state business processes, provide technical expertise during fit/gap analysis. Analyze service request information against bi-annual Bronco Hub releases to recommend new functionality and identify where enhancements will have an impact to back-office processes and/or the campus community. Take steps to ensure research is complete enough to avoid unanticipated impacts as much as possible. Coordinate with other members of the OCI leadership team to determine which recommendations to promote and implement.
Testing - Development of thorough testing plans for a variety of testing purposes including application testing of patchsets, software patchsets, service packs and unit/integration testing, application upgrades, and implementation of new functionality. Coordinate with back-office end users and the Change Management team within OCI for purposes of communicating with the campus community. As production critical issues occur, this position will test the technical resolution, in a test environment, before it can be introduced into the production environment.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate and provide solutions that result in gained efficiencies, improved customer service, and more efficient business processes.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to take ownership and complete assigned tasks.
- Must maintain a professional attitude amidst difficult and stressful times and demonstrate a sense of ethics while performing daily tasks.
- Must possess a curious mindset to dig into a system, figure out a root issue, and identify potential solutions.
- Must be customer service-oriented.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and have excellent time management skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Prefer a degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science.
- Prefer knowledge of and experience with relational database systems and SQL tools such as Oracle SQL Plus or Golden.
- Prefer knowledge of and experience with any 3 of the following PeopleSoft (PS), Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC), and Oracle HCM applications:
- PS Student Financials
- PS Campus Community
- OFC Financials
- OFC Procurement
- OFC Project Portfolio Management
- HCM Payroll
- HCM Time and Labor
- Report creation in PeopleSoft or Oracle Cloud application
- Prefer experience in higher education or government organization working with ERP systems.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary starting at $52,977.60; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Resume and cover letter.