||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
The College of Business and Economics (COBE) is AACSB-accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. With more than 85 full-time faculty members, COBE offers undergraduate education to more than 3,200 students and seven distinct masters programs to more than 600 students.
The Department of Management hosts the most majors in the College of Business and Economics, with over 1,000 students majoring in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, International Business, or in Management in our innovative online Management degree completion program. We provide courses in four MBA programs, including our nationally recognized online MBA program.
The Clinical Assistant Professor is a member of the non-tenured faculty with an entry-level rank and primary duties in the area of clinical instruction.
- Courses could include: Leadership Skills, Managing Human Resources, Negotiation and Conflict Management, Leadership and High Performing Teams, Employee Staffing and Training, and People and Organizations, and others as needed.
- Teaching load is three classes per semester in undergraduate and/or graduate courses in human resource management and organizational behavior topics in online and/or face-to-face formats.
- Maintain SA (”Scholarly Academic”) faculty designation for AACSB accreditation purposes. This requires, with a five-year rolling period, publication of two peer-reviewed journal articles or one peer-reviewed journal articles and other substantial scholarly contributions such as scholarly books, chapters in edited volumes and invited book chapters, published by reputable publishers.
- Remain current and identify emerging trends in areas relevant to academic business programs.
Service and Administrative Responsibilities (20%)
- Create and foster relationships with the local and non-profit organizations on behalf of COBE, the undergraduate Business Administration and HRM majors, and the online Management Program.
- Clinical faculty are expected to provide a level of connection to practice that exceeds the level provided by instructors and tenured/tenure-track faculty.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
- Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
- Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
A terminal degree (PhD, DBA, or JD) at the time of appointment in human resource management, organizational behavior or related field from a nationally or internationally accredited university.
Experience teaching human resource management and/or organizational behavior topics at the university undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Demonstrated commitment to research/scholarly activity and potential to publish in human resource journals or related fields, such as organizational behavior or industrial / organizational psychology.
- Demonstrated track record of successful teaching of human resource management, organizational behavior, and/or related courses at a variety of levels.
- Professional business experience.
- Professional certification from a national organization such as the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- A PhD in human resource management, organizational behavior, or related field from a nationally or internationally AACSB accredited university.
- Existing connections or ability to create professional relationships in the Treasure Valley business community.
- Two or more publications within the last five years, and other evidence of an established research program or pipeline.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary is AACSB competitive. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
- A cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position.
- Curriculum vita, including three professional references with contact information, and teaching evaluations for all courses taught over the prior three years.
- Job Market Paper