||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
The School of Nursing is looking for a dedicated nurse educator, with experience directing a nursing program. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the position of a clinical or tenure track professor to teach in our graduate DNP in Leadership program.
- Oversight of curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation of the educational program
- Oversight of program standards for admission, progression, and graduation
- Oversight of program resources
- Oversight of program policy development and implementation
- Ensure program contribution to the strategic plan for the School, College, and University
- Analysis of program data and creation of program reports required by the university, accreditation agencies, and the Idaho State Board of Nursing
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of adequately prepared faculty to teach required courses
- Ensure optimum communication with the rest of the University, the Graduate college, the community, the school, and within the program
- Ensure full time and adjunct faculty are oriented and adequately mentored to their roles and courses
- Ensure program faculty members are provided with opportunities to make progress toward promotion and/or tenure
- Resolution of personnel and student issues as appropriate within the School
- Formation and oversight of program teams/committees
- Development of course schedules and teaching assignments with faculty, relevant staff, and Program Directors
- Ensure on campus sessions are designed and conducted using best teaching practices, student needs, and fit with scholarly projects and the curriculum
- Annual evaluation of full time and adjunct faculty (includes student evaluations of faculty)
- Demonstrate and mentor faculty in effective and evidence-based teaching methods
- Provides collaborative, positive leadership for program faculty and staff to conduct program activities
- Work in collaboration with school leadership and as a member of the leadership team to plan and lead SON programs and initiatives
- Participate in Program, School, College, and University committees and activities
- Work with other nursing program directors to ensure the curriculum is aligned
- Provide relevant professional service and/or nursing representation in the community and external to the university, such as in professional associations, boards, journals, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others within the University, the community, and clinical agencies
- Participate in activities promoting personal and professional educational growth
- Uphold the Faculty Expectations Policy, which includes commitment to the COHS Shared Values
- Appointment 11 months. Teaching, research, and/or practice as applicable and/or negotiated
- On-campus at Boise State leadership is preferred.
*Teaching effectiveness, creative scholarship, and community and University activities are incorporated in the above position responsibilities and are used for annual faculty evaluation and for promotion and tenure.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
- Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
- Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Doctorate degree required
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Idaho or Nursing compact states AND in Washington state; by starting date of employment required
- Capability to develop, administer, and evaluate curriculum to meet outcomes
- 2 to 3 years of leadership and management experience
- Ability to handle complex scheduling with interdependencies
- Experience directing a nursing program
- 3 to 5 years of Higher Education Experience
- Proficiency in implementing continuous quality improvement processes
- Experience managing a budget and operational costs
- Familiarity with accreditation, certification, or regulations and programmatic implications
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and level of hire. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please apply through Boise State University’s Careers website. Include a CV/resume that includes employment history (including dates) and a cover letter that describes your interest and qualifications for the position. Please also include a list of three professional references and their contact information. Please include teaching evaluations demonstrating teaching effectiveness.