||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Assistant Director, Ticket Operations will be responsible for, along with the Director of Ticketing Systems, managing the Ticketmaster system including input and organization of event programming. Represents a patron service-oriented department while maintaining fiscal compliance and auditable trails of the organization’s earned revenue. Works with outside promoters on coordination of ticket on-sales. This position will report directly to the Director, Venue and Patron Services.
About the Morrison Center: Located on the campus of Boise State University, the 2,002-seat Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts is Idaho's home for the arts. Nestled on the banks of the Boise River, with a panoramic view of the city, parks, and foothills, the Center's 10-story stage house is a recognizable fixture of the Capitol's picturesque skyline. The realization of a life-long dream of Harry W. Morrison, and championed by his widow, Velma, the Center opened its doors on April 7, 1984.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
60% of the Time the Ticketing Services, Manager must:
● Uses Ticketmaster ticketing software in facility setup, scaling, ticket pricing, sales and marketing reports.
● Effectively consults with community groups and facility renters on ticketing procedures, and establishes and maintains effective and strong relationships with the stakeholder groups.
● Maintains daily ticket sales reporting internally and externally with promoters.
● Work closely with Broadway In Boise to obtain information necessary for event ticket programming.
● Create (program) and monitor events in the ticketing system.
● Create and update promotions and special offers related to event ticketing.
● Report on event activity across departments and to promoters and presenters.
● Deliver excellent customer service to all patrons of the Morrison Center.
● Manage customer and event data in ticketing and related systems.
● Support Morrison Center departments including, but not limited to, Executive Director, Marketing team,
● Booking and Contracts, Accounting, and Production in providing reporting, or access to systems for making business decisions.
● Stay current on all Ticketmaster changes, learning, and upgrades.
● Train staff in using ticketing systems as appropriate.
● Assist with access to ticketing systems.
● Attend conferences, workshops and trainings to stay up to date on ticketing systems advances and industry trends.
● Collaborate with University ticketing peers and other University departments as needed to complete special projects.
● Assists the Director of Patron Services with the development of internal procedures and
● policies regarding ticket sales, refunds, exchanges, lost-stolen tickets and Internet ticketing.
● Serves as liaison with the Broadway Across America subscription office to ensure the smooth operation of all Broadway Subscriber ticketing, exchanges and other conflicts.
35% of the time:
● Claim credit card ticket sales and prepares all ticket sales deposits
● Record and reconcile all ticket sales. Weekly internet (host) and monthly box office
● Ticket sales reconciliation with fee reconciliation.
● Resolve chargebacks.
5% Other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Understanding of season and individual event ticket sales cycles.
● Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of stakeholders.
● Demonstrated ticketing system management skills, example: Ticketmaster Host (Classic), Ticketmaster Archtics,
● Proficient in using standard and customized office software and the ability to learn new systems as needed, example:
● Event Booking.
● Analytical abilities
● Must be an effective manager with strong, proven customer service skills.
● Prior experience in handling money and reconciling sales.
● Experience in box office management and the ability to work on multiple ticketing software.
● Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents and others in the organization.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint).
● Familiar with Google Drive products.
● May require attendance during evening and weekend events.
● Team and goal oriented.
● Commitment to Morrison Center Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
● Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent professional experience.
|● Bachelor’s degree and two to three (2-3) years of ticket software experience.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary range starting at $54,038/yr; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Resume and Cover Letter.