||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
To promote a specific department through the use of social media, branding and other outreach. Oversee, create, edit and direct videos promoting the department along with behind the scenes segments, scripts and copy. May include public relations, recruiting, alumni relations, concerts as well as other departmental initiatives.
The School of Nursing (SON) Marketing/Promotions Coordinator position oversees social media, engagement, and event/project coordination and related communications for the SON Marketing Department. The position will also collaborate and assist graphic design and recruitment personnel.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
60% of the time the Marketing/Promotions Coordinator, Associate must:
- Integrate the application of marketing principles into various segments of the department. Serve as primary contact for the creation and implementation of graphics “on brand” through multiple forms of media.
- Prepare and generate new concepts and ideas which involves a high level of decision making.
- Manage production shoots, including digital media for distribution of content in various formats.
- Build strong working relationships with program faculty, staff and coordinators for the specified department.
- Develop, schedule, coordinate and execute assigned special events.
- Stay up to date of changes to programs, partnerships, requirements, etc. to ensure information in all communications is current.
- Work with a diverse group of people across multiple departments as part of a cohesive marketing strategy.
- May supervise or have leadwork responsibilities
35% of the time the Marketing/Promotions Coordinator, Associate must:
- Nurtures and grows internal relationships in order to facilitate successful marketing campaigns, to develop agency model standards and processes with University partners.
- Contributes to marketing materials, including print, digital and video materials.
- In collaboration with program coordinators, assists in developing strategic marketing plans for each current and any future academic program based on budget, mission and vision of school.
- Partners with marketing team in developing a strong brand identity for the SON that meets university guidelines and standards.
- Assists the marketing manager in developing marketing strategies and managing marketing campaigns that will advance the reputation of the SON among various internal and external constituencies.
- Assists in development of marketing materials, including print, digital, social media and video by providing collaboration efforts to the SON graphic design specialist.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the SON web site including oversight of content and a design development that amplifies marketing and recruitment goals.
5% Duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and present proposals
- Marketing research and analytic skills
- Knowledge of media buys and advertising campaigns
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and work cooperatively with internal staff
- Good knowledge of: website design, copy/script writing, graphic design, promotional and event planning.
- Experience: in higher education recruitment, public relations, advising, or student services. Advertising sales, sponsorships, and direct marketing. Experience in copywriting for various outlets, proofreading/editing promotional materials.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Professional Social Media engagement experience
- Event planning experience
- Promotions and marketing plan execution knowledge
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please apply through Boise State University’s Careers website. Include a CV/resume that includes employment history (including dates) and a cover letter that describes your interest and qualifications for the position. Please also include a list of three professional references and their contact information.