Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
To operate and maintain motor vehicles over 8000 pounds gross vehicle weight to transport personnel and/or materials; perform related work.
This position would work a mid-afternoon shift.
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com the required documents:
● Cover Letter
● Three Professional References
Boise State University's Public Safety team includes campus safety, emergency management,
transportation and parking, and integrated security technology. Our group focuses on safety
through proactive community outreach. Learn new skills, develop and support your existing
knowledge and help support student success.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
This position is Part-time, Temporary.
- Operates commercial-type vehicles; transports passengers to designated sites; ensures products and/or passengers are delivered safely within limits of motor vehicle code; insures vehicle contents are stable and within vehicle load limits; operates auxiliary equipment associated with vehicles such as accessible lift.
- Perform daily DOT (Idaho Dept of Transportation) required vehicle inspection prior to operating vehicle.
- Observes and reports safety issues as identified on shuttle routes to the Parking Maintenance or Security teams as needed.
- Communicates with supervisors and other drivers throughout the shift using two-way radios.
- Assists in transporting passengers at large-scale events when requested.
- Perform preventive maintenance as needed in conjunction with the Fleet Maintenance team.
- Observe and correct safety and warning indicators.
- Maintain vehicle records such as: mileage logs, fuel purchases, maintenance schedules, and repairs (needed/completed).
- Acts as an on-call driver in the case that another driver calls out of their shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Campus Security Authority: This position is identified as a “Campus Security Authority (CSA)” per the federal law known as the Clery Act. Per this law, the employee is required to report any crimes that he/she becomes aware of to the Clery Compliance Officer. Additionally, CSAs are required to complete annual training prescribed by the Clery Compliance Officer.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, and procedures to promote effective security operations
● Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented
Good knowledge of: Idaho traffic safety laws; safe driving practices; vehicle service and preventive maintenance requirements.
Experience: safely operating commercial vehicles over 8000 pounds gross vehicle weight; detecting malfunctions in vehicle mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems; performing minor mechanical repair work; completing vehicle operation logs. Physical ability to lift and carry objects weighing approximately 50 pounds. Valid driver's license.
Some positions require: commercial driver's license.
Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, an Enhanced Background Check to include Open Source Intelligence, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required. We will complete reference checks as part of our background check process and will call all listed and unlisted references.
|● High school diploma or equivalent
● Clean driving record
● 2 years experience working in the customer service or hospitality field
● Attention to detail
● Excellent cognitive capabilities
● Reflexes required to safely operate a commercial vehicle
● Ability to read and identify landmarks on mapping tools
|Salary and Benefits:
The pay for this position is $16.00/hour. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.