Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position manages day-to-day activities to ensure the department is running efficiently and meets the expectations and needs of customers and staff. Assists with the management/administrative aspects and has operational control of a range of projects. May work on assignments related to project development and management initiatives, internal operating procedures, business processes and policies.
The Department of Theatre, Film, and Creative Writing serves the university and the College of Arts and Sciences as a partnership of programs focusing on the learning, practice, and interaction of the dramatic, cinematic, and literary arts. Located within the School of Arts, the department fosters the rigorous intellectual investigation of form, practice, and theory, and an active arts community through undergraduate research, professional training, experiential learning, and interdisciplinary collaboration between each of its three programs.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
60% of Time the Business Operations Coordinator must:
- Responsible for various processes and liaison with other units such as Human Resources, research support, financials, data management and communication
- Directs customer service and support functions. Assists in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans. May lead efforts to recruit new employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals. Manages quality assurance programs.
- Serves as liaison to other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance.
35% of Time the Business Operations Coordinator:
- Oversees compliance of departmental purchases.
- Serve as Purchasing Card Approver.
- Creates and submits departmental deposits.
- Initiates and manages processes related to Independent Contracts processes, part-time faculty hires, licensing procedures, and departmental payments.
5% of time performs other duties as assigned:
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and delegate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to perform a wide range of duties and tasks
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with faculty and staff
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
|Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Experience with BroncoHub financial processes, HCM processes, and Purchasing Card processes.
|Salary and Benefits:
Starting Salary for this position is $45,905.60 commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
- Tuition Fee Waiver: for self, spouse, and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
|Required Application Materials:
Letter of application including three professional references.