Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
A Medical Massage Therapist performs therapeutic massages on clients to improve circulation, promote relaxation, and relieve stress, pain, injuries, and other medical and mental health diagnoses. Massage therapists work under the direction of and collaborate with other professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, mental health professionals, and others, to assist with treatments.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
100% of Time the Position must:
- Provide massage services for problems identified by providers.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as identified.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and well-organized facility.
- Set up massage rooms, and ensure cleanliness and tidiness throughout the shift.
- Assist with keeping linens clean and tidy, and replacing them between sessions.
- Accompany guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Consult with clients to identify appropriate massage services based on their presenting problem.
- Maintain records and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Comply with all applicable standards, rules, and regulations pertaining to the massage therapy role.
- Code for insurance submission.
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions.
- Evaluate clients to determine painful or stressed areas of the body.
- Instruct clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods.
- Suggest future massage appointments and regime to clients.
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as appropriate.
- Periodically, participate in cross-campus health fairs and other outreach events.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to use an electronic medical record.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods.
- Comfortable with performing massages on diverse clients
- Working knowledge of HIPAA restrictions.
• High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
• Completion of accredited Massage Therapy training.
• 6+ months of work experience as a massage therapist.
• Current and unencumbered Idaho license
|Two years of experience
Knowledge of medical documentation and EMR Systems
|Salary and Benefits:
Temporary Non Benefit Eligible position. 19 hours a week.
|Required Application Materials:
Please provide a resume with employment history, a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications and three professional references.