Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Coordinates and provides a range of psychological assessments and reports, as well as direct and indirect professional counseling services, for Boise State University students, faculty and staff. Direct services include treatment for a full range of mental conditions via individual, multi-person, and group counseling, crisis intervention, AODA evaluations, and various psychological assessments. This position provides direct clinical supervision to other mental health clinicians. Indirect services include case management and involvement in outreach/preventative programs. This position collaborates with mental health providers, medical providers and other members of the university and local community to ensure effective treatment.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of areas typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
65% of Time the Staff Psychologist must:
- Direct Clinical Services.
- Provide direct service counseling (individual, multi-person, group, psychological evaluation) to students, faculty and staff. Coordinate and provide psychological assessments.
- Provide Crisis intervention and triage coverage/consultation to students and other members of the university community.
- Provide weekly individual supervision to assigned supervisee(s).
- Other clinical services as assigned (Group supervision facilitation, AODA assessments, ADHD assessments, etc.).
30 % of the time the Staff Psychologist must:
- Administrative and Indirect Services:
- Participate in weekly psych rounds, staff meetings and other meetings as assigned
- Timely completion of case notes and reports of assessments
- Duties will be assigned that will require administrative coordination or assistance of coordination of a specific area (e.g. AODA Programming, workshops, outreach, etc..) and/or participation on a university committee/group.
- Consult as needed, requested, or assigned with Health Services colleagues, parents, faculty, staff and community about mental health concerns
5% of the time the Staff Psychologist must:
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge, awareness, skills and experience related to administration of psychological assessment tools; providing individual, multi person and group counseling; multicultural competence/humility, empathy, advance listening skills, problem solving, wide repertoire of intervention strategies, knowledge of ethical principles, mastery of intrapersonal and interpersonal dynamics; excellent assessment skills, diagnosis skills, thorough understanding of abnormal behavior/psychopathology, experience/ knowledge working on a highly integrated clinical team.
- Knowledge, awareness, skills, and experience in clinical supervision, professional training in the field of psychology, counseling, and/or social work, leadership modeling, ethical guidelines, state statutes, professional development, and training models.
- Competency in a wide variety of psychology topical areas, enthusiasm for teaching/presenting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; shifting between clinical and non-clinical duties to meet organizational needs; working with and relating to a culturally diverse student body, faculty and staff; work effectively with different levels of staff within the organization; work independently and as part of a team in a proactive, flexible, solution-focused way.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology
- Must have active licensure by the state of Idaho as a Clinical Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker OR ability to obtain Licensure within 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge and experience in administration of psychological assessment tools
- Knowledge and experience in clinical supervision
- Knowledge and experience in individual and group psychotherapy and counseling theories and practices
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
- Tuition Fee Waiver: for self, spouse, and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
|Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications as well as a resume with employment history and three professional references.