Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Compiles and organizes data to derive meaningful insights. Organizes tasks, documents activities and information, assists with projects. Assists in guiding department work plans based on key metrics and analysis.
The mission of the Office of Academic Leadership and Faculty Affairs is to foster an inclusive environment that supports the career development of faculty and the growth of effective academic leaders by working with partners across Boise State to provide leadership development programs; to establish best practices, policies, and procedures; and to collaborate on development programs that help faculty members of all ranks reach their full potential as teachers, scholars and university leaders. The office contributes most directly to the University’s Strategic Planning goal to Foster Thriving Community.
Accurate and complete faculty information is crucial to the University's mission. The Office of the Provost has stewardship of the faculty data regardless of the system in which it is housed. The Faculty Data and Reporting Analyst 1) coordinates and serves as a quality control expert on all faculty data, ensuring current and complete information is available and utilized for documenting faculty and faculty career progression (tenure and promotion, post-tenure review, sabbatical leaves, etc.); 2) implement a faculty CEC process that accounts for CUPA data and other nuances, and 3) is responsible for the ongoing implementation, maintenance, and use of the faculty activity reporting system and the tenure/promotion system (Interfolio Faculty 180 and RPT Module). This position will report to the Assistant Provost for Academic Leadership and Faculty Affairs with a dotted line to the Senior Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
60% of Time the Data Research Analyst, Intermediate must:
- Prepares deliverables for use in planning and reporting, using appropriate tools.
- Communicates clearly and regularly, follows up on inquiries and requests.
- Learns and adapts new technical/procedural knowledge/skills to keep up to date on professional skills and office needs.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Contributes to the development of analytical reports to answer business questions.
- Conducts needs assessments and research.
- Develops productive working relationships with a team and broadly with diverse groups of people.
- Publishes standard and complex ad-hoc reports with varying detail for different audiences.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Works as needed, with functional area data stewards to align or improve processes
- Engage in Data Quality, documentation, and process improvement.
35% of the Time the Position must: Faculty Data Management
- Collaborate with HR and ALFA to enter and verify faculty personnel data related to
- CEC and salary changes
- Post-tenure review
- Overall faculty career progression
- Maintain faculty personnel files to comply with Policy 7530 and 7060
- Offer Letter / CV / Transcripts
- Contracts / Compensation
- Promotion / Tenure
- Sabbatical / Miscellaneous
- Coordinate with Institutional Effectiveness staff as needed re: faculty data and official reporting
5% of Time the Position must: Other Duties as Assigned.
- Contribute to the culture of a data-informed university
- Serve on committees and workgroups as assigned
- Participate in professional development
- Builds familiarity and fluency with campus data resources
- Improves technical capacity through ongoing learning and development in data management and software such as Access & Excel. (SAS and SQL may also be useful depending on the work of this position)
- Remains apprised of developments, new approaches, and best practices in faculty data management
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to stay highly organized under pressure
- Good knowledge of fundamentals of reporting and analyses. Ability to independently research problem areas
- Ability to ensure validity, reliability, consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of all work completed
- Experience developing data models and programming in languages
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Experience with presentation and data gathering software
- Understanding of applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision making and outcomes
- Technical competence, including experience with SQL, SAS. or similar programming language to extract and explore data from primary systems OR experience with PeopleSoft or other enterprise reporting system.
- Analytical competence, including experience applying quantitative and qualitative research methods for the purposes of research, analysis, and reporting.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to present and communicate complex data, methods, technical information, problems, and alternative solutions to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize data to derive meaningful insights, including the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in written, numerical and graphical forms.
- Experience with data reporting and/or visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to interpret and respond to stakeholder and end-user requests and needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 2 years experience.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, educational research, higher education, or another discipline that involves substantial development of analytical, research, and technical competencies.
- Experience in institutional research, functional data area (e.g., registrar, admissions, finance, HR), or other higher education analysis and reporting entity.
- Experience with data reporting and/or visualization tools such as PowerPivot, Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
- Experience analyzing, summarizing, and communicating data and results in verbal, written, numerical, and graphical forms
- Previous experience in report development, user support, and training or teaching others.
- Knowledge and proficiency with relational database systems and tools.
|Salary and Benefits:
$55,660.80-68,744.00 annually. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Resume and cover letter.