Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform heavy-duty cleaning and related maintenance work in an assigned area or building complex; perform related work.
- Primary shift schedule, Monday - Friday 4 pm to 12:30 am, seasonal variations, days/hours can occur.
- Evening Shift.
- Shift pay may be available for qualifying shift assignments.
Facilities Operations and Maintenance supports the university’s strategic mission by professionally maintaining safe, functional and attractive facilities and grounds, while also providing quality support services to the campus community.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
● Performs heavy-duty cleaning in locker rooms, classrooms, dormitories, and lavatories; cleans, sanitizes, and polishes; dusts, washes, sponge mops; sanitizes, and shampoos furniture, woodwork, walls, windows, and glass items; cleans shades and covers on light fixtures; removes waste and debris; selects products and compounds for cleaning jobs and applies according to procedures or manufacturers' specifications; orders supplies for custodial closets and stocks custodial closets; sweeps, strips, seals, and finishes wood, linoleum, and other floors; washes windows; removes and prepares draperies for cleaning; removes adhesives, tiles, and carpet; refinishes floors and prepares them for carpeting or special flooring; instructs temporary help.
● Operates heavy-duty scrubbing, buffing, shampooing, vacuuming, and wet/dry pickup equipment; performs preventive maintenance; finishes floors; uses snow blowers, hysters, airlift platforms, dollies, and carts; uses specialized sweepers; replaces belts, brushes, and bearings; insures floor and building area is secure; verifies doors are locked and lights and appliances are off; reports fire hazards and other emergencies.
● Custodians perform a variety of duties to help insure facilities operate smoothly. This may include setting-up for special events, providing direction and answering basic questions regarding events for patrons. Moves furniture and similar heavy items; sets-up and climbs ladders; shovels snow from walkways.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
● Ability to manage one’s own time
Willingness to: perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers and vacuum cleaners; cleaning restrooms, bath facilities, locker rooms, swimming pools, and similar facilities; moving heavy items such as tables, chairs, and bleachers; and repairing the equipment and related devices you operate.
A current Driver's License.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary range of $15-$17/hr, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI):
Employee contributions: 7.16% University contributions: 11.94%
Tuition Fee Waiver: for self, spouse, and dependents
Flexible Spending Accounts
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)