Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
University Financial Services (UFS) is a unit within the Division of Finance and Operation. You will be joining an intentionally built culture with a strategic focus. The team follows the Enterprise Operating System (EOS) to drive results. All members of UFS are involved.
UFS's value words are:
Team Oriented: accountable to and understands the dynamics of the team; works cohesively and inclusively to accomplish a common goal.
Gets Things Done: prioritizes tasks and achieves the end goal.
Continuous Improvement: intentional commitment to making things better every day.
Ethical: honesty and integrity guide personal and professional behavior and judgment.
Adaptable: adjusts to change, being flexible, versatile and cooperative.
Problem Solver: identifies and understands the interrelated components of an issue and seeks to implement innovative solutions.
Respect and Inclusivity: demonstrates care, concern and consideration for the perspective, needs and feelings of others.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for reviewing all expense and relocation reimbursements to ensure they comply with Federal, State and University policies. The Reimbursement Specialist works closely with the Compliance Specialist and P-Card Administrator to facilitate training to campus users and to integrate policy updates.
This position is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
This posting will be up until the position is filled.
Our goal is to guide campus through the P2P process of procuring goods and services, making payments and utilizing reporting. We provide quality service to campus and the vendor community while supporting the overall interest of the University through compliance with federal, state and University policy and regulations.
This position has the opportunity for hybrid and/or flexible scheduling after a six-month training period.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
● Relocation - Act as a subject matter expert on campus for employee relocation and reimbursement. Review employee contracts that involve moving allowances and collect required documentation prior to processing receipts for reimbursement. Maintain Relocation website and adhere to all state moving policies.
● Expense reports – Audit and research campus reimbursement requests. Interpret and apply state and university policies to make judgment calls when reimbursement requests are abnormal and/or require special attention. Understand and explain compliance and rules to customers. Use expansive knowledge and understanding of policy and process to communicate with customers when more information is needed to meet rules and compliance and to guide them through the process.
● Policy - Provide subject matter expert advice on travel and reimbursement policies. This includes both working with campus users to understand policy and providing feedback to University leadership when policy changes are warranted.
● AP corrections – Use understanding of accounting principles, business processes and technology to accurately and completely input AP corrections. Use that understanding to communicate with customers when requests are incomplete or inaccurate.
● Reporting – Understand, use and share Accounts Payable reporting fromBronco Hub software. Combine this knowledge with understanding of accounting and AP principles to interpret and share data with customers. Use Excel skills to package the information in useful formats for customers.
● Process improvement – Communicate when a need or opportunity for improvement is discovered. Participate in projects, test solutions, and implement improvements to assist customers with change. Participate in division-wide planning, testing and implementation of upgrades and changes.
● Technology – Maintain in-depth knowledge of software systems functions and capabilities. Stay current with patches, upgrades and changes. Use this knowledge to troubleshoot issues and to participate in Oracle testing. Participate in division-wide technology committees.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to work with a high degree of independence with appropriate use of discretion and judgment.
● Ability to identify ways to improve and document processes.
● Ability to understand and explain the rules, laws, code, and policy to customers.
● Must be competent with office operating systems, such as google docs., excel, word, and presentation.
● Ability to problem solve and the ability to anticipate and provide solutions that result in gained efficiencies, improved customer service, enhanced compliance, etc.
● Be an engaged and detail-oriented individual demonstrating the ability to take ownership of and complete assigned tasks. Ability to work through challenging situations with respect to assigned duties.
● Provide customer service reflective of the controls, ethics and integrity of the University.
● Knowledge of University policies and state and federal regulations related to purchasing and procurement activities.
● Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills; communicate effectively.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus 2 years of professional experience.
● Experience working with Boise State or State of Idaho reimbursement policies.
● Intermediate to advanced Excel and database skills.
● Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
● Working knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary starting at $46,051.20/yr, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Employee Retirement Contributions: 6.97% University Retirement Contributions: 9.27%
Health Insurance Premiums https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/medical-prescription-dental-and-vision/
Tuition Fee Waiver: for self, spouse, and dependents https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/tuition-fee-waiver-benefit/
Flexible Spending Accounts
|Required Application Materials:
Cover Letter and Resume.