Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
This position is the primary source of internal and external communication efforts to support recruitment, enrollment, and retention as well as overall promotion of the Graduate College. This position will be responsible for implementing the marketing and communication strategy for the Graduate College.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
The Senior Communications Coordinator must:
- Implement and manage the annual Graduate College Strategic Communication Plan, including submission of a communication budget request. Responsible for status reports and review of marketing and communication efforts.
- Oversee messaging and content posted to various social media platforms, utilizing social media management tools to coordinate and implement the social media strategy; make recommendations and implement social media best practices.
- Serve as an advocate for the university and act in the best interest of the university in establishing a level of quality and production associated with university events.
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information, and priorities.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate, and deliver on concepts and information to effectively maximize the university’s brand.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, layout and publication of marketing materials, turnaround time, etc.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to recommend and implement updates to the plan and refine branding to keep the plan innovative.
- Coordinate and implement marketing and communication projects with responsibilities that include public relations, special event promotion, advertising, and creating Graduate College awareness. This work includes preparing a variety of print and e-publications, press releases, newsletters, digital signage, and email communication.
- Responsible for the Graduate College email communications strategy; write, edit, design, format, and schedule content from various sources, utilizing a variety of software. Determine target audiences and monitor effectiveness.
- Responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of the Graduate College’s website. Monitor web traffic; oversee the development of web content (including text, design, and images). Provide oversight to ensure that the site is accessible and meets the business needs of the Graduate College. Utilizes analytic tools to optimize the web content and structure; ensure a dynamic and innovative web experience for key audiences.
- Promote Graduate College events. Work in close conjunction with the Office of Communication and Marketing, University Advancement, faculty, staff, and other organizations to write, edit, and distribute press releases and contact outside media outlets as appropriate. Prepare all communication materials for professional development events and coordinate communication with all stakeholders.
- Supervises and coordinates projects for student workers.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate community, maintain a high level of communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans.
- Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans as well as computer literacy and producing graphics for many aspects of media; using creative suites software.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress
- Evidence of successful written communications
- Excellent team player
- Demonstrable commitment to advance the Graduate College’s commitment to equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, detail-oriented work
- Experience with CRM software and marketing automation platforms
- Project management experience and demonstrated proficiency at managing competing deadlines with short timelines
- Experience with web design and technical writing
- Experience with analytics software such as Google Analytics
- Able to establish positive relationships with a variety of partners
- Ability to speak in public arenas
- Demonstrated interest in higher education
- Ability to learn and use new software
- Experience with administration and evaluating effectiveness of ad placement and promotions
|Salary and Benefits:
Starting Salary will commensurate with experience and the salary range for this position is $43,700 to $47,000 annually. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please attach a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position and a resume that includes employment history.