||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Apartments Coordinator is a housing staff member responsible for managing Housing and Residence Life apartments and Yale Court, and supporting residents. Key roles within this position include: manage the leasing, assignments, and repairs of all units, maintain complete resident files and accurate monthly billings, provide excellent customer service to current and prospective residents, and keep residents informed through social media, newsletters, and the apartments’ website. This position will, beginning in 2021, assume responsibility for new directives aimed at establishing and expanding relationships with off-campus housing partners and facilitating the growth of HRL’s off-campus housing portal.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
License and Managing Apartments, and Yale Student Housing, 30%:
- Housing License Agreement + Apartment Addendum oversight; recommends needed updates.
- Oversees the management of the University owned property at 1816, 1818, 1827, and 1829 Yale Ct.
- Maintains records of current licenses and prepares and manages licenses for future residents.
- Makes housing assignments via THD and tracks occupancy for Apartments and Yale Court.
- Ensures the license holders are current students and maintains an updated list of their dependents.
- Actively reaches out to residents that are due for a license renewal.
- Tracks and follows up with ineligible renewal documents.
- Manages and maintains an up-to-date waitlist.
- Submits work requests and tracks maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for quality control of the building and apartment units and ensures apartments are up to standard before move-in.
- Works with building superintendents and locksmiths regarding unit and key maintenance, turn-overs, and unit update scheduling.
Off-Campus Housing Coordination and Partnerships, 15%:
- Responsible for overseeing HRL’s new off-campus housing portal and ensuring the accuracy and timely updates of listings, in partnership with external vendor CollegePads
- Coordinates bi-annual meetings with near and off-campus housing partners to discuss current issues and potential collaborative opportunities
- Coordinates bi-annual housing fair to promote both Boise State’s on-campus housing inventory and available near and off-campus properties specifically marketing housing to students of Boise State University
- Create and develop a “preferred partner” housing program for off-campus partners to be evaluated and certified as Boise State housing partners and publicly marketed to students as such
Administrative Functions, 30%
- Responsible for overseeing the procedural efficiency of operational processes throughout the apartment communities, beginning at the point of new resident application
- Works with the Business Office to make sure all billing and overhead charges are correct.
- Maintains updated records and ensures bills are issued monthly.
- Manages social media, newsletters, and the apartments’ website to keep residents informed.
- Take the lead role in the development of marketing materials and promotional efforts to maximize both occupancy and revenue throughout HRL’s apartment inventory
- Conducts ongoing assessment of current residents to identify opportunities to best meet needs and build supportive relationships.
- Responsible for an annual budget; demonstrating and leading sound fiscal responsibility.
- Coordinates apartment change requests, room inventories, damage billing, and room assignment auditing.
- Oversees and updates card access, key inventory, and accountability processes.
- Conducts request to be released from license agreement meetings with students.
- Sits on the Housing and Residence Life Release Request committee and attend weekly meetings.
Customer Service and Community Support, 20%:
- Provides excellent customer service to current and prospective residents.
- Accessible Monday-Friday, during business hours to answer questions and reply promptly to email and phone.
- Trains Office Assistant, Apartment Leads, and Desk Assistants on operational procedures and customer service skills and addressing customer needs.
- Assists residence life staff in sponsoring/marketing educational programs/initiatives, leadership opportunities, and healthy social activities for the residential population.
- Assists residence life staff in identifying and remedying procedural issues faced by residents through the application and processes, and during their time as residents in HRL’s apartment communities
- Coordinates communications, including mass emails and mass text messaging to residents affected by issues or concerns in the community and/or to broadcast or reinforce policies or processes
- Fosters great working relationships and collaborates with department members to regularly evaluate and improve managing and leasing processes.
- Develops relationship with tenants of Yale Ct. properties and ensures smooth processes and policies for residents in those facilities
- Conducts trainings for residence life staff, attends community meetings and events as appropriate.
Other Responsibilities, 5%:
- Other duties as assigned which support the overall operation of Housing and Residence Life’s facilities and the success of the residents.
- Look for innovative ways to improve processes to better serve students.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, leasing and managing housing units
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and evaluate staff
- Customer service knowledge with strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic marketing knowledge and ability to manage social media platforms and create email marketing campaigns
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of students
- Budget oversight/management
- Ability to learn and master computer systems required for building and occupancy management
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and revise current programs, services, practices, procedures, facilities, etc., to ensure inclusion for the diverse populations served
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and partnerships rooted in effective communication within and across differences
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- Prefer 2 years or more of leasing and managing housing.
- Prefer the ability to speak a second language (e.g. Spanish) to better meet the needs of Boise State students
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary ranges from $42,900 to $47,500 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
||Please provide a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three professional references.