Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The College of Education is seeking either an entry-level Associate Research Administrator or an intermediate-level Associate Research Administrator to provide administrative and financial management in the post-award phase of sponsored research projects. There is a significant emphasis on budgeting and accounting activity in this position. This position serves as a critical resource to faculty and assures sound stewardship of sponsored research dollars. The successful candidate will have a strong customer service focus and be a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
One College. Limitless Learning.
We embrace and engage in our vision for excellence in teacher education, graduate programs, doctoral study, research and external funding, and community and partnership relations.
Our college is home to a range of programs from undergraduate to doctoral, offering a continuum of advancement and opportunities for education professionals and beyond.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry-level professionals and/or support employees.
This position is a Full-Time Temporary Benefit Eligible position.
• Oversee post-award activities and processes as it relates to grant accounting including financial reporting, effort reporting, cost-sharing, and matching requirements;
• Ensure compliance with funding source and administrative guidelines by monitoring expenses for compliance, committed effort, subcontracts, sponsor guidelines, and ensuring orderly closure of projects.
• Review and keep abreast of all new and existing Federal and State regulations to ensure compliance;
• Prepare and submit payroll corrections and adjust journal entries;
• Develop positive working relationships to foster a collaborative environment for grant coordination and oversight; and,
• Contribute to process improvements
• Other duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to research issues and formulate solutions
• Exercise independent judgment and make appropriate decisions
• Strong written and verbal communications skill
• Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students
• Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities with attention to detail
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Entry-level Research Administrator: Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field; Equivalent relevant work experience substituted for the degree requirement.
Intermediate-level Research Administrator: Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field, with at least two years of professional-level experience. Equivalent relevant work experience substituted for the degree requirement.
|• Experience in higher education or governmental accounting
• Experience and knowledge working with sponsored research projects
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary range $50,502 - $59,404.80. Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
When applying, include the following:
*Cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the position
*Resume with employment history (including dates of employment)
*Three professional references with contact information