|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Assistant Professor for Accountancy supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness at the undergraduate and graduate level - including advanced courses in our Master of Science in Accountancy programs, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned. The department's primary teaching needs are in Accounting Information Systems and Data Analytics.
The Department of Accountancy has approximately 500 accounting students in the undergraduate program with another 150 students across our three Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) programs (MSA, MSA-Taxation, and MSA- Online). The College of Business and Economics is supportive of research endeavors, including providing access to archival databases via WRDS and Bloomberg and supporting faculty through personal development accounts, among other initiatives. See https://www.boisestate.edu/cobe-accountancy for additional information about the department.
Supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education. Committed to the success of our students and the university. Committed to student learning, retention, persistence, and completion.
Scholarly, creative, or research activities:
Assistant Professors must demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities that fall within Boyer’s four types of scholarship: (1) discovering knowledge, (2) integrating knowledge, (3) applying knowledge, and (4) scholarship of teaching.
Each faculty member participates in activities relating to university programs, courses, governance, etc., or community activities which impact on, or are impacted by, the University and which contribute to the growth and development of students, the university and the community. Faculty must demonstrate a commitment to serving Boise State University, his/her profession, and the community. This type of commitment is demonstrated by service to students (such as advising); participation and leadership in department, college, or university committees, the faculty senate, and professional organizations; and, as appropriate to their discipline, affairs of the local, state, or national community.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- A PhD or DBA at the time of appointment in accounting or closely-related field from an AACSB accredited university.
- Demonstrated record of recent scholarly activity (or for recent graduates, demonstrated promise of high-quality future scholarly activity).
- A primary teaching interest in Accounting Information Systems and Data Analytics.
- Demonstrated record of successful teaching.
- A willingness to teach in both traditional and online formats.
- Evidence of effective written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA, CISA) and professional accounting or other relevant experience.
- Experience teaching online.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
In your application please include:
- a cover letter that indicates your interest in and qualifications for the position
- a curriculum vitae that includes employment history (with dates of employment)
- names and contact information of three professional references
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught over the prior three years. Please also include a summary of included evaluations in a single table.
- your dissertation proposal or a current working paper.
|About Boise State
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.