Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide technical management, training and advanced support for the University learning technologies. Liaise with campus departments to coordinate and support web-based instruction. Develop web-based content.
Remote work is a possibility for this position.
Learning Technology Solutions manages and supports the University portfolio of enterprise instructional technologies (current supported products include Canvas, Zoom, iClicker, Panopto, and others). To this end, LTS staff administer systems, provide training and escalated support, conduct evaluations, liaise with vendors, and create resources and documentation.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
● Consult with instructors, designers and other users to determine appropriate and effective solutions using instructional technologies.
● Resolve escalated issues and coordinate with Tier 1 (Helpdesk), application administrators and vendors as appropriate to ensure timely and successful resolution.
● Play a lead role in selecting, planning and releasing new tools and features.
● Analyzes and Interprets data to improve the use, management or delivery of technical solutions.
● Configure roles and permission settings for instructional technologies.
● Manage interface design and display settings, including coordinating with Marketing and Communication.
● Manage, test and deploy features and services.
● Coordinate with vendors or other IT units to identify patches, hotfixes, etc., and participate in the testing and communication of fixes.
● Play a lead role in exploration, communication and testing of upgrades, new features and new versions.
● Document internal processes, policies and procedures. Create custom documentation for internal audiences (sub-administrators, eCampus Center, etc.).
● Develop effective and efficient workflows both internally and for end users.
● Coordinate with other stakeholders (OIT, Operations, HR, eCampus Center, users, committees) to ensure there is broad input, involvement and endorsement of changes.
● Conduct workshops and training sessions about instructional technology.
● Participate in committees and governance.
● May supervise Learning Technology Assistant; student employee position.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Excellent computer skills in Microsoft O/S and applications, Apple O/S and applications Linux/Unix and mobile, including iOS and Android.
● Possess basic electronic repair skills.
● Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills, with ability to take ownership and complete assigned tasks.
● Analytical and detail oriented, with excellent problem solving skills and with the ability to multitask.
● Strong customer service skills and positive attitude.
● Understanding of academic environment and course work
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent professional experience. Prefer degree concentration in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science. Some positions may require a bachelor's degree or equivalent in department subject matter, including equipment/instrumental/lab experience.
|● Experience teaching and explaining technology tools and processes to a variety of end users (verbally and through written correspondence or documentation)
● LMS (or similar educational technology) experience - administration, support, training, consultation
● Record of persistent and creative problem solving
● Experience providing escalated support and troubleshooting for IT and/or instructional technology
● Experience coordinating evaluation and implementation of enterprise educational technologies
● Experience working in a higher education environment
● Familiarity with education research and evidence-based teaching practices
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $55, 660.80/per year. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
A Cover letter, Resume, and three Professional References