Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
University Financial Services (UFS) is a unit within the Division of Finance and Operation. You will be joining an intentionally built culture with a strategic focus. The team follows the Enterprise Operating System (EOS) to drive results. All members of UFS are involved.
UFS's value words are:
Team Oriented: accountable to and understands the dynamics of the team; works cohesively and inclusively to accomplish a common goal.
Gets Things Done: prioritizes tasks and achieves the end goal.
Continuous Improvement: intentional commitment to making things better every day.
Ethical: honesty and integrity guide personal and professional behavior and judgment.
Adaptable: adjusts to change, being flexible, versatile and cooperative.
Problem Solver: identifies and understands the interrelated components of an issue and seeks to implement innovative solutions.
Respect and Inclusivity: demonstrates care, concern and consideration for the perspective, needs and feelings of others.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Analyzes complex financial reports and records and makes recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures. Responsible to oversee and manage the contract management system. Facilitates compliance with state and federal regulations and policies.
The first round of interviews starts the week of August 28th.
Supporting the University’s Academic Mission by
- Ensuring the integrity of the University’s financial accounting and reporting systems
- Safeguarding University assets
- Preparing complete, unbiased and timely disclosures and financial reports
- Providing effective and efficient accounting and operational support while complying with University, federal, state and regulatory financial guidelines
This position has the opportunity for hybrid and/or flexible scheduling but must be in-person at the beginning of employment for onboarding and training.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
● Supervisor of Fixed Assets and Inventory Control, keep tasks progressing and help when necessary, training and consulting.
● Fixed Asset sub-ledger management.
● Reconcile, analyze, and audit assigned general ledger accounts.
● Prepare, analyze and/or audit financial records and documents.
● Ad hoc reporting.
● Combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
● Experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
● Look for trends and variances to ensure acceptable business practices and procedures have been followed for compliance with Federal and State laws. With the results of the research/analysis, conclusions must be drawn and communicated to the appropriate person/department. This can result in changes to a process or system for compliance reasons.
● May prepare and submit federal and state biweekly, monthly, quarterly and year end tax reports. Make tax deposits weekly, monthly and quarterly for the federal and state taxes.
● Responsible for auditing finance records.
● May supervise or lead. Coordinate the development and implementation of policies and procedures for internal controls and business affairs to achieve the overall goals of the department.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to lead a team of professional staff, serve as an internal resource and consultant, and work collaboratively with all employees and key business partners.
● Ability to interpret and appropriately apply accounting principles and regulations.
● Experience in applying and writing policies and procedures.
● Excellent analytical skills and experience interpreting financial data.
● Ability to manage time and deliver projects in a timely manner in an environment of competing priorities.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Requires strong computer skills with an emphasis on Excel.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business, or related field plus 5 years minimum experience in a similar type of work.
● Fixed asset management experience.
● Experience with training individuals or groups on processes.
● Two years or more of supervisory experience.
|Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary of $72,000/yr, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Cover Letter and Resume