Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Supervise box office operations; plan, order, distribute and account for all ticket sales; establish and maintain seating plans and ticket inventory; develop event marketing methods; perform related work.
Do you love live entertainment and enjoy helping people? If so, the ExtraMile Arena Box Office is looking for a customer service oriented, competent, flexible and tech-savvy professional to work in a fast-paced environment and play a huge role in helping people see some of the best concerts in the Treasure Valley at a premiere venue. If you have a desire to work with people and know what it means to be a part of a high performing team, consider joining our organization!
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
● Supervises, trains and directs box office staff and monitors policies and procedures. Maintains ticket inventory, resolves customer complaints and problems. Ensures compliance and cash handling procedures.
● Designs tickets for events; communicates with promoters; prepares and approves ticket printing orders; reconciles sales to ensure proper accounting of money and tickets.
● Maintains cash levels for tills; issues tickets to cashiers; ensures security of box office, money, tickets and staff; responds to written and verbal inquiries from customers, promoters and outlet representatives.
● Develops methods for marketing events; implements and evaluates marketing efforts.
● Deliver a high level of customer service at all times including responding to inquiries from patrons in person, over the phone, and via email regarding ticket needs, complaints and other issues.
● Perform all duties related to ticket sales including, but not limited to, sales, exchanges, and refunds.
● Maintain knowledge of current/upcoming events and marketing department promotions.
● Assist with day-to-day box office operations and maintain box office standards.
● Work events to include assisting with staffing, box office resolution, scanner oversight and other duties as necessary to ensure a successful event.
● Act in a lead role with ticket sellers.
● Act in a lead role at events when assigned, to include supporting/working events at other venues being managed by the box office.
● Perform miscellaneous administrative/clerical work to include running reports, entering data, filing, sorting, organizing, cleaning, etc. as needed.
● Follow all box office policies & procedures; evaluate and assist in the revision of policies & procedures as necessary to ensure efficiency and maximize effectiveness.
● Ensure compliance with system controls and cash handling procedures.
● Oversee scanner device operations to include distribution, staff use, upkeep, maintenance, reporting, policy and procedure documentation, etc.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Must be comfortable in large gatherings; able to tolerate loud noise levels and busy environments with or without reasonable accommodation.
● Must have the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
● Must have cash handling experience.
● Must be assertive and willing to take on new tasks as directed.
● Detail-oriented and organized.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
● Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
● Ability to work independently with little supervision and under stressful and fast-paced circumstance
Good knowledge of: customer service and selling methods.
Some knowledge of: supervisory practices.
Experience: using a reserved seat ticketing system; implementing and monitoring sales and promotions; cash handling procedures.
|● Previous box office or ticketing experience preferred.
|Salary and Benefits:
$18.00/hour. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.