||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Department of Public Health and Population Science is excited to announce an opening for a full-time Lecturer 2 or 3 for online and/or some campus-based courses. The successful candidate will teach and work with students, be student centered, have a strong understanding of the course material as well as experience working in Canvas. Candidates with knowledge and experience teaching health informatics, pathophysiology, and/or human disease are especially encouraged to apply.
This position supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, institutional service, professional and community service, and student advising and involvement as assigned.
This position will work remotely with the possibility of on-campus work if the candidate is local or willing to relocate.
Boise State University’s Department of Public Health and Population Science (PHPS) works to strengthen and improve the health of all Idahoans and the communities wherever they live, work, and play through excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. In achieving this mission, we create the pathways and conditions necessary for every individual to achieve health, happiness, and prosperity. PHPS is guided by the values of Dignity and Respect, Engagement, Opportunity, and Innovation.
Non-tenure eligible faculty member, Lecturer 2 or 3 primarily teach and may undertake administrative duties needed within the Department.
- Teach in the undergraduate program
- Coordinate various sections of the same class, providing oversight for assessment and revisions.
- Design, develop, and deliver material using a range of methods and platforms.
- Create course material, lesson plans, and curricula
- Engage with students, assist with processing applications, and also attend interviews, conferences, and meetings
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Extensive knowledge of online learning best practices.
- Reliable, dedicated, productive, and adaptable.
- Ability to actively listen and appropriately respond to students, colleagues, and leadership.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Exemplify professionalism and integrity.
- Thrive, engage, and work effectively in a dynamic, highly collaborative, results-driven, and interactive environment.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Education, Biomedical Sciences or related degree
- Experience teaching adult and nontraditional students
- 4 years teaching experience
- 2 years online teaching experience
|Salary and Benefits:
Lecturer rates per year as defined by Boise State University (https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/compensation-classification/ ).
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position and specify which courses you are interested in teaching and coordinating. Attach a resume or a CV that includes employment history (including dates of employment).
Closing Date: Review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.