||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position of the Apartments Coordinator to become a part of the Housing and Residence Life team as we provide a vibrant residential experience that promotes inclusiveness, learning, academic excellence, and meaningful relationships. This work occurs as we embark on continued growth and serve an on-campus population of approximately 3,000 students. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing Housing and Residence Life apartments and two Greek Houses located on Yale Court.
This is a perfect job for you if you:
- Are passionate about the development and support of student staff
- Are interested in helping students get the most out of their living spaces on-campus
- Are a self-starter, capable of making timely decisions in a high-stakes environment
- Enjoy writing, interpreting, and implementing policy
- Love (and excel at) the administrative work that is needed for the job
- Are organized and detail-oriented
- Communicate often and well with those you work for and with
- Take ownership in building a positive work culture
- Have a passion for creating systems and innovating processes
- Exude a positive attitude & sincerity in helping others
- Thrive in a fast-paced department where we lean into ambiguity
- Enjoy building relationships
You will join a team that is creating an exciting environment, values collaboration and teamwork, and is welcoming to all Boise State students, faculty and staff. We are creating a workplace that values the voices and contributions of employees at all levels, listens, and responds to our community.
- Design and implement a strategic plan for apartments operations and student experience
- Manage apartment leasing, assignment, repair, and billing processes
- Build relationships and provide support to apartment residents
- Recruit, select, train, support, and supervise the apartment staff: four live-in student staff responsible for supporting apartment residents, and additional administrative student staff as needed.
- Oversees the condition of apartment buildings, grounds, and units to ensure necessary upkeep
- Create, maintain, and adhere to comprehensive procedural documentation for all apartment-related processes and workflows
- Support a large population of international residents as they transition into University apartment communities, in collaboration with Boise State’s Center for Global Education
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent level of professional experience (4 years)
1 year of experience in hiring, training, evaluating, and effectively supervising staff
- Experience using data analytics and/or assessment to drive improvements and change
- Working knowledge and/or operation of one or more the following computer software/programs: Excel, Peoplesoft, The Housing Director or a similar platform, Google Apps, Simplicity (Advocate Conduct module), etc.
- Fluency in two or more languages (e.g. Spanish) to better meet students’ needs
- Knowledge of, and experience with, contracts or written agreements
- Excellent administrative skills including the ability to organize and collaborate on a variety of tasks, and effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Experience developing and implementing program framework and processes
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Anticipated starting salary is $40,414, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/.
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment).