||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Teaching in both academic and clinical setting, supervising clinical experiences and engaging in professionally related community service.
Clinical Faculty play a critical role in the professional curricula. They support the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and are committed to the success of our students and the university. This primarily involves teaching effectiveness in a clinical setting and engaging in professionally related community service. This may also include professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities if assigned, institutional service, professional service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
- Program Coordination and Communication within the Program, University, and Community: 40 % (E)
- Assists the Program Coordinator with maintenance of admissions process from application through enrollment of new students including overseeing candidate review, admissions committee, interviewing and monitoring final admission numbers and processes.
- Assists the Program Coordinator in responding to program inquiries from potential students and providing coordination to student success coordinators in eCampus.
- Attends all program and school meetings, as well as pertinent program trainings. Responds to all phones, email and other correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assists the Program Coordinator with oversight of textbook list and supplemental materials.
- Assists with the organization, coordination and participation of new student orientation and coordinates other student related program activities. Serves as a member of the graduation/ hooding ceremony planning committee.
II. Program Teaching: 40 % (N)
- Participates in teaching courses in the program according to specialty, with equivalent of two courses fall and spring and one course in summer.
- Participates in curriculum development and course revisions as needed.
III: Service: 20%
The Clinical Assistant Professor is a member of the non-tenured faculty with an entry-level rank and primary duties in the area of clinical instruction.
The major responsibility of the clinical faculty involves teaching students in both academic and clinical settings, supervising clinical experiences, and engaging in professionally related community service. While they may, they are not required to participate in research or scholarship activities as part of their regular assignment. The essential duties and responsibilities of clinical faculty are assigned by the academic Department Chair or equivalent administrator.
Will maintain relationships with external community members, adjunct faculty, eCampus personnel, and faculty and staff within the School of Social Work and the university at large.
This position requires a high degree of critical decision making and problem solving. Specific examples include around student issues which may jeopardize the student’s position within the program. Knowledge of university and school policy as well as National Association of Social Work’s code of ethics will be key in addressing student issues. Significant problems in this area would be discussed with the Site Coordinator and/or MSW Program Coordinator.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
- Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
- Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Knowledge of online education
- knowledge of Blackboard or other LMS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of the social work profession including social work ethics
- Knowledge of Council of Social Work Education EPAS standards
- Knowledge of database entry and documentation
A terminal degree appropriate for the field is desired for Clinical Faculty members, but consideration is extended to individuals with an advanced degree and/ or substantial applied experience and achievement in their profession. Assistant Clinical Professors must have at least an advanced degree, have demonstrated experience in a clinical area, and have some teaching experience. Clinical Faculty members must hold appropriate certification/licensure/registration in their disciplines.
Two (3) years of full-time experience as a Clinical Faculty member are required.
MSW plus five years practice experience
- PhD/DSW in Social Work
- Experience with managing graduate level social work education and training
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this role. Attach a CV or resume to your submission with employment history, including dates of employment.