||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Teaching in both academic and clinical setting, supervising clinical experiences and engaging in professionally related community service.
Clinical Faculty play a critical role in the professional curricula. They support the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and are committed to the success of our students and the university. This primarily involves teaching effectiveness in a clinical setting and engaging in professionally related community service. This may also include professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities if assigned, institutional service, professional service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
The GIMM program is one of the fastest growing majors at Boise State and has a robust applied research model with an emphasis on community and industry outreach. We are seeking a new faculty colleague at the rank of Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor, with a teaching load of 12 credits per semester. This new colleague will bolster our considerable offerings in Game and Mobile development, as well as help us explore emerging technologies in areas such as the Internet of Things, Haptics, Artificial Intelligence, Augmented and Virtual Reality. GIMM’s curriculum is optimized instructor-student interactions with small class sizes and hands-on activities that translate theory into practice. GIMM faculty work with local, national, and international clients in the construction of interactive learning experiences. Therefore, we are especially interested in applicants who have experience working on large scale interactive projects with clients as well as teaching.
Candidates’ areas of focus should address the following areas, but could do so from a variety of perspectives and technologies:
• Game Development with a strong background in coding and an understanding of best practices using OOP design. Experience with Unity Game Engine is a plus, but we are equally interested in other tool platforms such as Unreal engine.
• Mobile Development with an emphasis on Augmented Reality experiences. Experience with SWIFT is a plus but we are equally interested in Android and/or various cross platform development tools such as Xamarin, Appcelerator, or Sencha.
Virtual Reality development with an understanding of both 360 Video and 3D model integration into gaming environments. Experience creating industry simulations/serious games is a plus.
The Clinical Assistant Professor is a member of the non-tenured faculty with an entry-level rank and primary duties in the area of clinical instruction.
The major responsibility of the clinical faculty involves teaching students in both academic and clinical settings, supervising clinical experiences, and engaging in professionally related community service. While they may, they are not required to participate in research or scholarship activities as part of their regular assignment. The essential duties and responsibilities of clinical faculty are assigned by the academic Department Chair or equivalent administrator.
• Teach undergraduate courses in Games, Interactive Media and Mobile development
• Contribute to applied research efforts in the community
• Engage in academic and community service scholarship.
• Engage in professional, university, and community service
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
• Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
• Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
• Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
A terminal degree appropriate for the field is desired for Clinical Faculty members, but consideration is extended to individuals with an advanced degree and/ or substantial applied experience and achievement in their profession. Assistant Clinical Professors must have at least an advanced degree, have demonstrated experience in a clinical area, and have some teaching experience. Clinical Faculty members must hold appropriate certification/licensure/registration in their disciplines.
|• Coding experience with Unity, Swift, React.js, Node.js, or PHP platform
• PhD or MFA in CS, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, or a related field.
• Interdisciplinary scholarship, teaching, and project management experience.
• Interest in experiential learning approaches.
• Demonstrated commitment to creating inclusive learning environments.
• Ability to teach within one or more of the following areas: Game development (emphasis on coding), Mobile development with Augmented Reality, Internet of Things, Web services
• Interest in exploring emerging technology areas such as the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, & Haptics
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please submit in one PDF document: a cover letter (max 3 page), curriculum vita, a link to website or shared drive with a portfolio of your work, and transcripts (unofficial are acceptable). Letters of recommendation will be requested before on-campus interviews.
In the cover letter, you should address the following items in this order: 1) your qualifications for this position 2) your capacity for interdisciplinary scholarship, teaching, and project management; 3) your interest in and commitment to creating inclusive learning environments.
Any inquiries regarding the position may be sent to Dr. Anthony Ellertson: email@example.com
This position will be posted until filled, however, the first batch of applications will begin to be reviewed on September 21, 2020.