The Department of Respiratory Care, in the College of Health Sciences at Boise State University, invites applications for the position of Assistant Clinical Professor in the four-year, on-campus Bachelor of Science Degree in Respiratory Care (BSRC) Entry-Level Program.
The Department of Respiratory Care offers three programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. At the undergraduate level, the department is home to an entry-level BSRC Program that qualifies students for the examinations of the National Board for Respiratory Care. The department also offers an online RRT to Bachelor of Science Degree Advancement Program for RRTs who have earned an Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution. At the graduate level, the department offers an online Master of Science in Respiratory Care Degree Program for RRTs who hold a valid credential and a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. The department is housed in the School of Allied Health Sciences, which also houses programs in Community and Environmental Health, Kinesiology, Radiologic Sciences, and Genetic Counseling. The School of Allied Health Sciences is one of three schools in the College of Health Sciences that also includes the Schools of Nursing and Social Work.
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The BSRC Entry-Level Program Faculty member has the primary responsibility for teaching on-campus students in designated areas of specialization. Active engagement in Program, School, College, and University service is also expected. They will be faculty in, and content expert for, selected courses and will be responsible for face-to-face, hybrid, online and/or clinical courses.
The successful candidate must be able to relocate to the Boise valley for in-person instruction
The Assistant Clinical Professor is a member of the non-tenured faculty which is the usual entry-level rank for individuals who hold an advanced degree, have demonstrated experience in a clinical area, and have some teaching experience.
For this 9 to 11-month Assistant Clinical Professor position, the major duties and responsibilities are teaching students in academic and clinical settings, supervising clinical experiences, and engaging in professionally-related community service. While they may, clinical faculty are not required to participate in research or scholarship activities as part of their regular assignment. The essential duties and responsibilities of clinical faculty are assigned by the program director in coordination with and final approval by the department chair.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate teaching effectiveness: utilize best practices and a professional commitment to teaching.
- Make substantial and innovative teaching and service contributions to the Program.
Develop and maintain assigned courses using appropriate educational tools and the LMS (Canvas).
- Provide students with constructive, encouraging, and corrective feedback.
- Be professional, optimistic, encouraging, and utilize a coaching manner in all interactions.
- Be accessible to students and respond promptly to student questions.
- Serve as a Content Expert in specific courses and/or areas of expertise.
- Provide input into curriculum development and implementation of courses related to the entry-level curriculum.
- Provide input on BSRC Program student learning needs to the Program Director, the Department Chair, and the rest of the Program Team, as appropriate.
- Participate in ongoing professional development in areas of teaching, content specialty, and certifications, as appropriate.
- Be present on-campus to facilitate communication, accessibility, and relationship building with the program faculty, staff, and students as allowed and determined by the Program Director and/or Department Chair.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and timely communication with the Program Director, the Department Chair and the rest of the faculty, staff, students, and community stakeholders.
- Work collectively to build and maintain an inclusive community that celebrates and values diversity while treating all stakeholders with dignity and respect.
- Assist with student recruitment, interviews, and academic advising.
- Participate in faculty meetings, and other campus events, and facilitate meetings via video conference or on campus, as requested by the Program Director and/or Department Chair.
- Apply appropriate University, College, School, Department, and Program policies and regulations.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to meeting deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Licensed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and the ability to acquire licensure in Idaho.
- Teaching experience
- Clinical experience in respiratory care
- Demonstrates and maintains competence in the area(s) of specialty.
- Doctoral Degree
- Three years of teaching experience
- Proven excellence in teaching
- Experience with, or strong interest in, high fidelity simulation
- Three years of clinical experience, preferably in adult critical care.
- Proficient in development of learning objectives, assessment measures, and innovative curriculum design in a variety of educational environments.
- Successful completion of at least one (1) NBRC specialty credentialing examination
- Experience with a Learning Management System; Canvas is preferred.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Applications must include a curriculum vitae and a cover letter that includes a statement of interest as well as brief descriptions of teaching and service philosophies