||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Advances and protects Boise State’s institutional identity by assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans, advertisements, special projects, website management, social media management, and graphic design. Creates, coordinates, implements, and analyzes marketing and communication directed at relevant audiences.
Come join our team! The Admissions office is a fun, fast-paced team that supports the enrollment goals of Boise State University by recruiting, admitting, and onboarding new domestic undergraduate students. Through multi-channel communications, events, and individual admissions advising, we tell the Boise State story to prospective first-year and transfer students throughout the nation. We promote Boise State’s commitment to student success, lifelong learning, community engagement, innovation, and creativity.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry-level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
The Senior Communications Coordinator must:
- Creates, coordinates, implements, and analyzes Boise State undergraduate recruitment communications to prospective student audiences. Develops content utilizing the CRM, webpages, landing pages, forms, video, print, and social media to tell the Boise State story in a cohesive voice adhering to brand standards: (50%)
- Create traditional recruitment materials in the CRM such as emails, postcards, text messages, etc. while adhering to the Boise State brand
- Create a dynamic and innovative web experience for prospective students and their families who access the Admissions web pages
- Update, maintain, and constantly refresh the Boise State Admissions web pages
- Implement communication plans for key audiences such as high school counselors, transfer center coordinators, families, multicultural students, top scholars, and other priority populations
- Create, update and maintain a dynamic prospective student portal (CRM portals and my.BoiseState checklist).
- Provide support for all communication plans and technology-related functions to Boise State Admissions
- Identify new innovative ideas and industry trends regarding prospect student communications
- Problem solves a variety of communication and CRM issues that will involve interpreting University policies and procedures, fact-finding, communicating with field experts, creating options, and deciding final action.
- Demonstrate a high level of maturity and independent judgment when working with various constituencies to analyze and evaluate the needs of the prospective student, accurately assess admissions criteria and fit for the program, determine appropriate information and referrals, exercise discretion to resolve issues, and tailor the message to fit each unique situation
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information, and priorities
- Support the Admissions recruitment team as they work with new students in support of the enrollment goals of the University
- Perform other duties as required
Writes and reviews queries for Admissions communications (20%)
- Identify and write queries in the Admissions CRM for text messages, calls, and communication reports
- Help other team members with additional queries for email and other channels
- Familiar with target populations and the fields necessary to query
Technical support of SAEM communications (15%)
- Use HTML and CSS code to produce emails, portals, and other resources for both Admissions and EM departments within the Admissions CRM
- Maintains Admissions, Bronco Day, and other web pages as outlined for division of SAEM
- Maintains special landing pages for marketing efforts as needed
- Provides technical expertise on web accessibility, GDPR, queries, and special collaborations with OIT such as the Cost of Attendance Estimator or the mobile app
Reviews all Admissions communication, ad campaigns, web analytics, analyze and reports on accuracy, volume, and effectiveness to gauge ROI. (10%)
- Regularly test sample student communication flows for accuracy, effectiveness, and proper execution
- Monthly reports on CRM usage, web traffic, landing page success, etc.
- Provide extensive data analysis and reporting to support strategic enrollment efforts and website usability
- Analyze web traffic and content to better target information published on the Boise State Admissions
- Analyze email click-thru rates and open rates to target email content
- Serve as an expert on CRM and CMS functionality
- Provide general technical support for CRM-related issues with Boise State Admissions staff and University departments utilizing the system
Professional Development (5%)
- Stay up-to-date on email best practices and industry knowledge
- Continually train in the Admissions CRM to maximize its effectiveness
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate communities, maintain a high level of communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Good knowledge of creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans.
- Experience implementing marketing and advertising plans as well as computer literacy and producing graphics for many aspects of media; using creative suites software.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
- At least 2 years working with a database
- At least 2 years of HTML or CSS coding experience
- At least 3 years of experience in an Admissions-centered Communication or Marketing role
|Salary and Benefits:
The starting is $44,574. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Cover letter, resume, portfolio, and three professional references.
This position is open until filled and the hiring committee is actively reviewing applicants as they are submitted.