|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Assistant Director, Marketing and Brand Development will work with a cross-functional team of creative professionals throughout the creative process to track, coordinate, and implement marketing deliverables/tactics such as advertising, social media, design, email/text communication, websites, and content, and traffic final assets to vendors, team members, and the university community. This position also handles brand development initiatives/campaigns on a local and national level, expansion into new media and business partnerships, management of event-day functions such as on-site media, all VIP activity, Meet and Greets, event management/oversight of Arena operations for select athletic/community events and contributing to the management of the Arena’s in-house merchandise operation, etc.
Assistant Director, Marketing and Brand Development:
Event Marketing and Brand Development:
● Work directly with Associate Director of Marketing and Assistant General Manager to develop marketing and promotional plans with specific goals and objectives, identify target markets, execute plans and report results.
● Oversee all digital marketing for event & brand campaigns.
● Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on marketing trends, digital and social media developments and industry standards.
● Conduct all print media buying for Arena events.
● Forge partnerships with local entities and content creators to strengthen both event and brand awareness.
● Solicit, negotiate, and cultivate partners for promotional and media programs that positively impact the brand both at the local and national level.
● Implement and execute marketing campaigns/special projects.
● Create, implement, and analyze customer surveys.
● Oversee all event photography.
● Maintain all photographic content, utilizing it for campaigns and digital initiatives.
● Foster relationships with Boise State campus partners to promote upcoming events through campus channels.
● Oversee ExtraMile Arena’s Marketing Interns, street team efforts, and foster growth within the department.
New Media Management (website, all social media platforms, email marketing, text messaging, digital media/marketing, new media channels and opportunities):
● Incorporate new media strategies to grow and expand marketing campaigns for both the venue and incoming client.
● Manage all projects and campaigns related to arena web pages both internally and when utilizing contracted service providers.
● Leverage new technologies and new media outlets to implement opportunities to introduce into the marketing mix.
● Develop and maintain all Arena web content to effectively showcase upcoming events to the local market, promoters and agents.
● Ensure content is prompt and accurate for announce, presale, and on sale timing.
● Oversee all content and strategy for social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
● Seek out new social media platforms and implement a strategy as necessary.
● Supervise all submissions from approved social media publishers prior to content becoming “live” on arena pages.
● Utilize Ticketmaster platform (or other ticketing platform if applicable) to leverage available tools to reach new submarkets/potential ticket buyers and identify additional opportunities.
Design of Promotional, Advertising and Marketing Materials:
● Create design concepts and make recommendations for national advertising, marketing materials and promotional pieces.
● Create (when necessary) tour marketing assets for local announce, presale, on sale and general campaigns.
● Oversee all signage within the arena, both printed and digital.
• As part of any full-time, professional position at ExtraMile Arena, each Administrative Staff member has day-of-event responsibilities for commercial, Boise State Athletic, and community events. Duties change depending on event classification
• VIP Event(s) Manager: Advance and execute all VIP, Meet & Greet, Hospitality and Artist Management functions that occur on commercial event days
o Work with internal departments to ensure proper execution (ticketing, production, guest services, security, marketing)
o Work with external departments such as parking and catering
o Staff and supervise needed positions for all on-site activations
o Oversee all event components day-of-show (catering, location, logistics, security, guest services, patron ingress, etc.)
o Advance, negotiate, and track all expenses
o Settle all bills with tour contact and work with campus accounting track fund deposits
o Supervise all meet & greets for artists working with tour managers
o Successfully manage all impressions from touring staff as well as guests to ensure a smooth event and positive experience
Manage select athletic, campus and community events such as Boise State University basketball games/gymnastics meets, Boise State University Commencement, high school graduations, etc.
o Duties include, but are not limited, to oversight of all Front-Of-House Staff, briefing of staff prior to event, conducting incident reports as necessary, ensuring facility readiness, serving as the facility representative for all event happenings, etc.
o Merchandise Operations: Assist in management of the following merchandise duties:
Staffing of all needed selling positions
Training of merchandise staff on sales functions and protocols
Supervise merchandise staff for count-in, setup of stands and count-out
Close out all tills post-event
Count all cash from collective merchandise operation
Reconcile cash and credit card sales to determine arena commission
Assist in merchandise settlement with the show if/as necessary
• Support of business at other venues (Idaho Botanical Garden and other venues as identified):
o Provide general event operation support at off-site venue(s) as needed
• Work with promoters and local media to develop and execute strong advertising plans
• Establish effective rapport with promoters, professional design service providers, sponsors, patrons and other University personnel
• Maintain outstanding customer service by responding to customer, client and vendor needs, complaints and suggestions in a timely and professional manner
• Serve on departmental and university committees as appropriate
• Continue professional development by involvement in professional organizations, workshops and conferences, and participating in regular continuing education
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with traditional print media representatives in the Treasure Valley and outlying areas (Magic Valley, Wood River Valley, Eastern Oregon, etc.)
• Maintain compliance with Arena standards, values and missions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and demonstrate strong communication skills.
● Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve.
● Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
● Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry, digital images, and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans, and project coordination.
● Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans, to include budget management, across various platforms including social media as well as computer literacy using creative suite software.
● Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
● Possess knowledge and skill related to graphic design, must also have a good understanding of design trends and be capable of seeing a design concept through.
● Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of customers, colleagues and vendors.
● Working knowledge of web design concepts including but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, and Action Script/Flash.
● Experience in managing, leading and supervising staff.