||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Senior IR Analyst will draw on analytical and technical competencies to conduct analyses to support University and Academic Affairs planning, evaluation, effectiveness, and reporting. The person in this role will develop and administer large-scale University surveys, employ high-level technical and analytical skills, apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methodologies, perform inferential statistics and analytics, program in SAS/SQL/etc., and clearly communicate through prepared reports and presentations. Examples include data/analyses that departments can use to inform planning and evaluation of programmatic efforts toward improvement, such as information from surveys, student transitions, alumni outcomes, etc. The person in this role is further expected to propose and develop projects for research and analyses that directly support University priorities and initiatives and develop collegial working relationships within the unit and across campus units.
The Office of Institutional Research (IR) aspires to advance Boise State University’s continuous improvement efforts by answering meaningful questions through data and analyses that inform decisions, stimulate action, and influence positive change. We seek applicants who are passionate about postsecondary education, committed to continuous improvement, and enjoy the challenges and intricacies of working with complex data sets to analyze, summarize, and report answers to various types of questions.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
The Institutional Research Analyst, Senior will:
• Apply analytical and problem solving skills to address novel questions or issues.
• Design and implement institutional studies on a variety of topics
• Apply technical/programming skills to extract and combine data from multiple systems
• Administer and manage large-scale University surveys, including the National Survey of Student Engagement, the Graduating Student Survey, advising surveys, and others
• Identify and employ appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methods for analyses to answer strategic, tactical, structured or unstructured business questions
• Prepare research reports and other deliverables, such as dashboards, interactive worksheets / workbooks, and / or reports using appropriate tools
• Develop productive and collegial working relationships within the unit and across campus units
• Continually hone his/her technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Participate in committees, project teams, or workgroups as assigned
• Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate project completion and progress toward IR goals.
• Remain current in field of IR and engage in ongoing professional development
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Analytical competence, including a demonstrated ability to design, implement, and manage large-scale projects and research studies, write reports, and convey complex research findings to lay audiences
• Advanced statistical knowledge and skills as well as advanced knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Technical proficiency including experience gathering data from a relational database
• Demonstrated experience in survey design, administration, and analysis
• Ability to develop collegial working relationships with diverse groups of people within the unit, across campus, and with off-campus stakeholders as needed
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize data to derive meaningful insights, including the ability to summarize and present data and results clearly and accurately with appropriate detail and context
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and experience that demonstrates the ability to present and communicate complex data, methods, technical information, problems, and alternative solutions to individuals or groups/committees with a broad range of technical expertise
• A high level of accuracy, extraordinary attention to details, solid proofreading skills, ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, and adherence to ethical and legal standards in research
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the social sciences, educational research, higher education or another discipline that involves extensive research methodology, statistical analysis, or reporting
• Technical proficiency with SAS, SQL, SPSS or similar programming language to extract and analyze data
|• Five years professional experience in Institutional Research or similar environment
• Doctoral degree in social sciences, educational research, higher education, or a related field
• Familiarity with higher education journals and literature
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and survey software applications (e.g., Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, etc.)
|Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $65,478.40 - $77,043.20. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Boise State University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
|Required Application Materials:
Please upload a cover letter that indicates your interest and qualifications for this position, resume, and contact information for 3-5 professional references. The closing date for applications is Thursday, September 30th, at 11:55pm.