● Serve as primary contact and recruit individuals who indicate interest in pursuing an online degree program through Boise State University. Providing accurate information regarding the academic program attributes, admissions, financial aid, online education, degree plans and academic advising.
-Communicate effectively, proactively and regularly with students using telephone, email, and instant chat (potentially using text messages or web conferencing).
-Follow-up with prospective students on a regular basis, sharing academic degree details, admission materials needed by the university.
-Follow up with applicants, encouraging them to complete university and academic program specific admission requirements.
-Problem solve a variety of student related issues that will involve interpreting University policies and procedures, fact-finding, communicating with field experts, creating options, and deciding final action.
● Provide advice to transfer and adult students about university policies, programs of study and degree options.
● Be fully informed of Boise State admission policies and procedures and be able to clearly and specifically communicate the intricacies of the process to prospective students.
●Engage in intentional and continuous efforts to improve service to and coaching of students, which includes improving internal processes, procedures, resources and published content.
● Serve as student services advocate by providing accurate information related to registration, graduation, credit transfer, degree requirements, tutoring, financial aid, fee payment, and course materials/tests. Refer to service specialists as needed.
● Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
● Successfully develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with co-workers, customers, and stakeholders within and outside of Boise State, including: online program coordinators, advisors and departmental representatives; Boise State Enrollment Service Offices, Graduate Admissions and Degree Services, Academic Advising and Enhancement, community college transfer center coordinators and academic advisors, community college administrative staff, and professional educators.
● Complete and balance multiple work projects, respond with adaptability to rapidly changing priorities, and work well under pressure. Proven work performance that is reliable, dedicated, productive and exhibits strong self-initiative.
● Provide effective customer-service and to actively listen and appropriately respond to colleague, stakeholder and supervisor needs/requests.
● Work effectively both independently and cooperatively as a member of a team. Willingness to take direction, remain open and amenable to instruction, and quickly acquire/learn/share new knowledge/skills as needed.
● Exhibit professionalism and integrity through excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demeanor.
● Willingness to effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders. Listen actively and respond appropriately to colleagues, stakeholders and supervisor needs/requests.
● A strong desire to thrive, engage, and work effectively in a dynamic, highly collaborative, results-driven, and interactive environment.
● Flexibility in adapting to a fast-changing environment to meet the needs of the department and the priorities of the university. Work with supervisor to periodically review, update and modify job description as needed.
●Support Extended Studies mission, goals, programs and activities.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to perform in a manner that is reliable, dedicated, productive and exhibits strong self-initiative.
● Experience in providing excellent customer service.
● Ability to collaborate and negotiate to achieve a desired outcome, to persuade and motivate others to pursue action.
● Experience in handling difficult and sensitive situations, use sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines. Defuse tension in customer interactions, should it arise.
● Ability to assimilate and organize material and ideas to communicate effectively in a variety of forms.
● Communicate virtually in a professional manner. Compose written material with a succinct, articulate message free of spelling or grammatical errors.
● Knowledge of and understand the online learning environment.
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with and elicit cooperation from colleagues, members of external groups, and co-workers on complex issues.
● Ability to preserve confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Ability to thrive in a dynamic atmosphere and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
● Be sensitive to the concerns and needs of diverse student populations.