||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The open level Clinical or Tenure Track faculty member will contribute to the health management and leadership programs, which build skills necessary to effectively lead public health and other health promoting organizations. These program areas include strategic planning, human resource management, budgeting and resource development, coalition building, and public-private partnerships. The graduate degree prepares students to lead government, nonprofit, and private health promoting organizations.
This position supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
This position will be working on campus and capable of working and teaching remotely.
Boise State University’s Department of Public Health and Population Science (PHPS) works to strengthen and improve the health of all Idahoans and the communities wherever they live, work, and play through excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. In achieving this mission, we create the pathways and conditions necessary for every individual to achieve health, happiness, and prosperity. PHPS is guided by the values of Dignity and Respect, Engagement, Opportunity, and Innovation.
The ideal candidate for the open-level academic rank is someone who has demonstrated achievement in the areas of teaching; research, scholarship, or creative activities; institutional and professional service appropriate to the discipline; and, depending on level and qualification, is eligible for tenure.
Supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education. Committed to the success of our students and the university. Committed to student learning, retention, persistence, and completion.
Scholarly, creative, or research activities:
Faculty demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities that fall within Boyer’s four types of scholarship: (1) discovering knowledge, (2) integrating knowledge, (3) applying knowledge, and (4) scholarship of teaching.
Each faculty member participates in activities relating to university programs, courses, governance, etc., or community activities which impact on, or are impacted by, the University and which contribute to the growth and development of students, the university and the community. Faculty must demonstrate a commitment to serving Boise State University, his/her profession, and the community.
- Demonstrate effective teaching and apply appropriate teaching methods supported by evidence..
- Pursue scholarly activities as appropriate for assigned tenure/clinical track position.
- Promote cultural competency and diversity.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs.
- Participate in the professional mentoring of students.
- Participate in Department, College, and University committees and activities.
- Provide relevant professional service in the community and external to the university, such as in professional associations, boards, journals, etc.
- Apply appropriate policies and regulations within the University, College, and Department.
- Participate in activities promoting personal and professional growth.
- Appointments are 9 to 10 months, depending on the position and responsibilities. Some evenings/weekends may be included, depending on assigned workload.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
• Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
• Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
• Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
• Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Tenured/Tenure Track: Doctoral degree in public health or related discipline required. A defined area of research and evidence of scholarly dissemination.
- Clinical track: 1) Doctorate or 2) Masters and 7+ years of professional experience. ABD considered.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of health management and leadership skills
- Teaching experience.
- Online or Hybrid teaching experience.
- Undergraduate and Graduate level teaching experience.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary ranges from $54,000 to $75,000 depending on experience and level of hire. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please apply through Boise State University’s Careers website. For your application, submit a 1) cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position, 2) CV that includes employment history (including dates of employment), and 3) a list of three professional references and their contact information to be contacted only if asked for a final interview.
Closing Date: Our review of applications will begin November 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
About the Boise: https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/