||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Institutional Research Analyst (IRA) will conduct analyses to support University and Academic Affairs planning, evaluation, effectiveness, and reporting. The IRA will extract, analyze, visualize, and describe a variety of institutional data to support internal reporting, use dashboard and visualization tools to support the presentation of large-scale survey data and other analyses, and provide day-to-day management of the faculty activity reporting system.
The Office of Institutional Research (IR) aspires to advance Boise State University’s continuous improvement efforts by answering meaningful questions through data and analyses that inform decisions, stimulate action, and influence positive change.
We seek applicants who are passionate about postsecondary education, committed to continuous improvement, and enjoy the challenges and intricacies of working with complex data sets to analyze, summarize, and report answers to various types of questions.
The IR Analyst (IRA) will draw on analytical and technical competencies to conduct analyses to support University and Academic Affairs planning, evaluation, effectiveness, and reporting. The IRA will assist with or co-lead projects; interpret and respond effectively to stakeholder and end-user requests and needs; apply quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis; and summarizes and presents results clearly and accurately in verbal and written communications. The individual will also use dashboard and visualization tools to support the presentation of large-scale survey data and other types of analyses produced by the Office of IR.
The person in the IRA position will have a particular focus on:
• Managing the faculty activity reporting system: day-to-day systems support; data quality and uploads; reports and workflows; and working with academic leaders.
• Providing internal reporting and analyses to inform planning and evaluation of programmatic efforts toward improvement, such as department and college-level metrics, student transitions, and alumni outcomes.
The Institutional Research Analyst will:
● Apply analytical and problem solving skills to research and reporting projects
● Apply technical/programming skills to extract, analyze, and explore data from primary systems.
● Conduct needs assessment and perform stakeholder and end-user research
● Contribute to or propose analytic reports to answer strategic, tactical, structured, or unstructured business questions
● Prepare deliverables, such as dashboards, interactive worksheets/workbooks, and/or reports using appropriate tools.
● Create, maintain, and manage documentation, including in the university’s data dictionary, as needed
● Develop productive and collegial working relationships within team and broadly with diverse groups of people across campus units
● Continually hone his/her technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
● Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate project completion and progress toward IR goals.
● Develop or deepen knowledge and skills with campus data resources, with new technical or procedural advancements, and in the field of IR and higher education.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize data to derive meaningful insights, including the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in written, numerical, and graphical forms.
● Strong customer service orientation and ability to interpret and respond to stakeholder and end-user requests and needs.
● Ability to work as part of a team and develop productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
● Highly developed verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to present and communicate complex data, methods, technical information, problems, and alternative solutions to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
● A high level of accuracy, extraordinary attention to details, solid proofreading skills, ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, and adherence to ethical and legal standards in research.
● Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent professional experience.
● Experience with SQL, SAS, or similar programming language to extract and explore data from primary systems OR experience with PeopleSoft or other enterprise reporting system.
|● Master’s degree in social sciences, educational research, higher education, or another discipline that involves substantial development of analytical, research, and technical competencies.
● Experience in institutional research, functional data area (e.g., registrar, admissions, finance, HR), or other higher education analysis and reporting entity.
● Experience with data reporting and/or visualization tools such as PowerPivot, Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
● Experience analyzing, summarizing, and communicating data and results in verbal, written, numerical, and graphical forms
● Previous experience in report development, user support, and training or teaching others.
● Knowledge and proficiency with relational database systems and tools.
|Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $54,038 - $63,564 per year.. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Boise State University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Required Application Materials: Please upload a cover letter that indicates your interest and qualifications for this position, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, January 5, 2021 at 11:55pm.