||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position manages day-to-day activities to ensure the department is running efficiently and meets the expectations and needs of customers and staff. Assists with the management/administrative aspects and has operational control of a range of projects. May work on assignments related to project development and management initiatives, internal operating procedures, business processes and policies.
Boise State University’s School of Public Service is dedicated to excellence in innovative teaching, cutting edge scholarship, and meaningful community outreach, serving the State of Idaho, and our regional, national, and global communities. The School is comprised of rich and diverse academic programs, including Criminal Justice, Political Science, Public Policy and Administration, and the Conflict Management / LEAD Certificate Program, as well as interdisciplinary programs such as Environmental Studies, Global Studies, and Urban Studies and Community Development. The mission of the School is supported by a variety of centers and institutes that facilitate research and public engagement, including the Andrus Center for Public Policy, the Frank Church Institute, and the Idaho Policy Institute.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
60% of the time the Program Coordinator must:
- Responsible for various processes and liaison with other units such as Human Resources, research support, financials, data management and communication
- Directs customer service and support functions. Assists in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans. May lead efforts to recruit new employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals. Manages quality assurance programs.
- Serves as liaison to other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance.
35% of the time the Program Coordinator must:
- Assist with Center level initiatives as assigned by the Executive Director in conjunction with the Board of Directors. This includes complex scheduling arrangements, planning of events or meetings, and attending meetings that are confidential in nature.
- Develop, implement, manage, and report on student programs (I.E.; Andrus Scholars Program and John Freemuth Student Congress).
- Interpret policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions, draft project proposals.
- Manage Sponsor, speaker, and vendor agreement process in alignment with Boise State University Policy.
- Develop and maintain Andrus Center Career prep Resource page.
- Manage Social Media outreach.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify fundraising opportunities and Grants to further programs.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director for the various programs.
5% Duties as Assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and delegate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to perform a wide range of duties and tasks
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with faculty and staff
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to positively represent the Andrus Center for Public Policy to the community.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and accountability.
- Ability to create and sustain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to make presentations and to comfortably interact with diverse audiences including donors, board members, volunteers, corporate sponsors, nonprofit, and community groups.
- The capacity to oversee programs and effectively perform and complete multiple duties and assignments concurrently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate fundraising, volunteer management, and external events and meetings.
- Experience in event management, including soliciting speakers and sponsors.
- Interest, experience, and/or ability to promote the legacy issues of Governor Cecil D. Andrus in a nonpartisan fashion.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary ranges from $44,000- $50,000 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume detailing your employment history, and three (3) professional references.