Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
To coordinate and provide equipment and facility set-up for meetings, conferences, and special events; provide customer service to building patrons; monitor facility use and ensure conformance with policies and procedures; perform facility maintenance and cleaning; perform related work.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
60% of Time the Building Facility Specialist must:
- Interprets event documents and diagrams to determine event needs; prioritizes work sequencing and order of task completion considering current and future meeting room usage and determines equipment to remain; identifies or anticipates problems and takes corrective action.
- Applies knowledge of fire safety codes and ADA guidelines to determine correct aisle width and safe entries and exits; sets up seating, tables, staging, program aids, and equipment; sets up and troubleshoots audio-visual operations including sound and lighting equipment such as sound systems, wireless microphones, mixers, video and data projectors, and connects telephone and audio data lines; recommends service improvements for all areas of the facility; monitors and controls facility environment including HVAC and lighting; observes facility and equipment to ensure compliance with risk management objectives and public safety; observes, responds to, and reports unusual occurrences such as theft, vandalism, illness, and drug and alcohol related problems; recommends safety and security solutions.
- Provides customer service and communicates with facility users to ensure event needs are met; assesses and resolves customer complaints. Assists customers and visitors with directions and information regarding events. Uses feedback to report program success and customer satisfaction. Evacuates customers in emergencies.
- Performs basic facility and equipment maintenance and cleaning ; monitors cleanliness of facility; performs basic equipment repairs; replaces light bulbs; performs special projects as assigned.
40% of Time the Building Facility Specialist must:
- Determined by department needs
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 60 pounds
- Must have sufficient speech and hearing acuity to perform customer service activities.
- Knowledge of fire safety codes and ADA guidelines
Some knowledge of: adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers.
Experience: providing customer service; explaining and applying policies and procedures; using tools, equipment, materials and common practices used in facility preparation including custodial work; setting work priorities; interpreting written oral instructions.
AM & PM Shifts available. Shifts will vary depending on available positions and department needs.
|Salary and Benefits:
Starting hourly rate for this position is $15.00. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
- Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho:
- Employee contributions: 7.16% University contributions: 11.94%
- Tuition Fee Waiver: for self, spouse, and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
|Required Application Materials: