Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
60% of Time the Custodian Leadworker must:
● Explains priorities for completion of projects; resolves problems associated with staff assignments; schedules jobs to be accomplished; ensures safe working conditions for clients and staff; trains in proper and safe way to perform custodial services and operate/maintain equipment; reviews work to insure compliance with standards; prepares performance evaluations; keeps records of employees hours worked; inventories supplies and materials; insures room availability and event schedules are followed.
● Performs and leads others in heavy-duty cleaning; cleans, sanitizes, and polishes fixtures; dusts, mops, waxes, shampoos furniture, woodwork, walls, windows, and glass; removes waste and debris; selects products and cleaning compounds; measures and mixes compounds, disinfectants, and sanitizing agents and applies them according to procedures or manufacturers' specifications; orders supplies for custodial closets; sweeps, strips, seals, and waxes floors; sets up tables, chairs, and similar items for events; removes adhesives, tiles and carpet; refinishes floors and prepares them for recarpeting or special flooring; moves furniture, appliances, and other heavy items; sets up and climbs ladders and scaffolding; shovels snow; reports building maintenance needs; performs a variety of duties to insure facility operation including: setting-up bleachers, portable flooring, tables, and chairs for special events; providing direction and answering basic questions regarding events for patrons; and setting-up and preparing audio/visual equipment and related aids for use.
● Operates scrubbing, buffing, shampooing, vacuuming, and wet/dry pickup machines; performs routine and preventive maintenance on cleaning equipment; finishes floors using sanders, strippers, and final finishers; uses snow blowers, hysters, airlift platforms, dollies, and carts; replaces belts, brushes, and bearings in power equipment; insures that floor and building area is secured including doors locked and lights and appliances off; reports fire hazards, other emergencies.
35% of Time the Custodian Leadworker must:
● Assist the Building Facility Foreman with event setup in the Stueckle Sky Center at Albertsons Stadium. This includes our loge/club seating area and donor suites for large stadium events.
● Manage and stock inventory of cleaning supplies for all events
● Responsible for cleanliness of Stueckle Sky Center which includes but not limited to; event clean up, trash removal, cleaning restrooms, and utilizing temporary workers and students.
● This position will be required to work some nights, weekends and other Athletic Department events as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
● Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify cause of errors or other problems
● Ability to monitor building premises to ensure occupant of visitor safety