Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Boise State Undergraduate Admissions recruits and admits prospective domestic undergraduate students in service to the university’s enrollment goals. The general functional areas of our department include customer service and campus visits, communications, recruitment, and systems/processing.
60% of Time the Management Systems Coordinator 1 must:
System Security Management, System Maintenance, Testing, Troubleshooting, and Data Management
• Acts as Testing Coordinator for PeopleSoft updates (PUMs), fixes and tools releases including preparing testing scenarios, conducting extensive business flow testing and validating testing results.
• Identifies, tests, and recommends automated system enhancements and modifications to PeopleSoft’s Recruiting and Admissions Module to improve business efficiencies within the Admissions Office.
• Analyzes fit-gap needs, creates functional specifications, performs testing, provides training, and works with OIT Developers and Enterprise Application Systems staff to implement PeopleSoft enhancements and modifications.
• Leverages delivered functionality within PeopleSoft and the Campus Solutions modules by researching, testing, and implementing business processes that utilize such methods as Query Manager, Pop-Select, 3C Engine and Communication Generation.
• Evaluates, tests, recommends and implements modifications to File Parser and AAWS processes to ensure compatibility and accuracy between the PeopleSoft student information system and the Slate constituent relationship management system (CRM).
• Participates in the testing and implementation of all version and tools upgrades to the Perceptive Content document imaging system.
• Participates in the testing and implementation of new functionality/upgrades to the Slate CRM.
• Provides production support to resolves issues and errors encountered by Admissions users and campus-wide users who access Admissions data in PeopleSoft, the Perceptive Content document imaging system and the CRM system.
• Provides production support to resolve issues and errors with File Parser and AAWS file import and export jobs between PeopleSoft and CRM systems.
• Monitors data and resolves errors between PeopleSoft to Slate data extracts by verifying data flow and record updates in PeopleSoft and the CRM. This includes writing queries in both Slate and PeopleSoft to find erroneous data.
• Collaborates with OIT staff to identify and resolve issues with file imports and exports placed on the sftp server.
• Serves as a data steward for PeopleSoft’s Admissions module, the Slate CRM, and the Perceptive Content document imaging system systems, and is responsible for processing requests, troubleshooting security-related issues and recommending modifications to PeopleSoft security roles and permission lists.
35% of Time: Documentation, Training, Data Defense
● Generates quality control queries to assist in the validation of data integrity across our systems.
● Runs regular defensive queries to ensure data integrity.
● Creates documentation for new processes and updates documentation for new policies. This includes complex and detailed instructions and troubleshooting steps for any custom processes.
● Maintains and updates systems catalogs and documentation libraries.
● Provides hands-on training and support to the Program Information Coordinator position, including backing up daily processes.
● Provides training to users of Admissions data outside the Admissions department including Extended Studies, OIT staff, Enrollment Services, Graduate Admission & Degree Services, Academic Affairs, International Student Services, and Advising & Academic Enhancement.
5% of the Time Management Systems Coordinator must perform other duties as assigned
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to adapt to changing workplace technology
● Highly organized, able to work effectively across organizational boundaries
● Experience providing user level support for an automated processing system and web-based applications