Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is to support, manage and increase the University’s effort for transportation. Promotes improving public transportation services and increases access for the first and last mile. This position manages and supports the Bronco Shuttle program, multi-modal infrastructure, and promotes investment in active transportation. The role will coordinate with other departments and divisions, as plans and projects are developed, to ensure that transportation goals and objectives are integrated. This will have a long-lasting effect to sustain and assist the University with goals of furthering an innovative, resource-conscious college atmosphere.
Boise State University’s Department of Public Safety is responsible for more than ”people safety.” In addition to university Security, our team includes the university's Emergency Management Department, Transportation (Shuttle buses and the Cycle Learning Center) and Parking, and Integrated Security Technology. Department of Public Safety employees are responsible for the safety of everyone on campus through a variety of programs. We believe in supporting our team members in all roles of their life. We offer flexible scheduling, competitive pay rates, meaningful and impactful work, and healthy teams. Public Safety will encourage you to take time doing what is most important to you, whether that is spending time with family, traveling, or increasing your education. We want the best employees. If you are a high performer who's gotten lost at other organizations who just don't seem to get it, come meet us. We are different and always seeking ways to improve. Apply and let us prove it!
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
● Responsible for the strategy, planning, stewardship, and oversight of day-to-day direction and control of the Boise State Shuttle program, multi-modal infrastructure and active transportation initiatives and programs.
● Supervise daily operations and task assignments for all staff driving campus shuttles and working special events.
● Collaborate with community partners and other university departments to promote use of campus shuttles and active transportation options.
● Schedule on-site educational training opportunities that enhance staff knowledge in safe driving practices and create a culture of safety within the driver working group.
● Supports the active transportation efforts through resource promotion with bicycle infrastructure planning, projects, and routine maintenance
● Assist in efforts to support, improve, and maintain Boise State’s standing as a Bicycle Friendly University, as standardized by the League of American Bicyclists.
● Work collaboratively with other departments and divisions to ensure that transportation goals and objectives are integrated with campus plans and projects.
● Assist with the development of transportation-specific plans or planning elements, including but not limited to: Campus Circulation Plan, Pedestrian and Bike Network Plan, Transportation and Parking Plan, and the Campus Master Plan.
● Oversees the budgets for Shuttles, Student Transportation Fee, Bike Infrastructure and Valley Regional Transit (VRT) related grants.
● Inventory, maintain, and stock all necessary materials needed to perform infrastructure projects with bike racks, pumps, repair stations and bike lanes.
● Actively engage with community partners including but not limited to VRT, Ada County Highway District (ACHD), City Go, City of Boise, and Compass.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to facilitate meetings.
● Strong leadership and management skills.
● Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
● Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong data analysis and report development skills.
● Ability to organize processes and people.
● Must be able to work independently, make decisions, and problem solve.
● Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and foster teamwork atmosphere.
● Ability to maintain current, accurate documentation and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations, Boise State policies and procedures, and relevant industry standards.
● Experience managing a budget.
● Proficient in Google online products.
● Knowledge, skill and competency in working with diverse populations.
● Ability to draft, review and collaborate on policy development.
● Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and other various personnel/agencies.
● Ability to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to emergency situations.
● Ability to obtain and maintain a CDL.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent.
|● Bachelor’s Degree in a transportation-related field.
● 1-year minimum experience as a manager.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary of $61, 500 per year, commensurate upon experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
To be considered for the position, please submit the following material:
● Resume with employment history (including dates of employment)
● Cover Letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the position
● 3 Professional References