Trade your job for a mission!
Are you looking for a mission-driven organization with an amazing culture and a great purpose?
Are you inspired to garner meaningful insights and support business growth for product manufacturers?
Are you seeking an exciting career opportunity to lead and mentor young professionals?
Join our team and embrace Blue Turf Thinking. We are innovators. We think outside the box. We challenge what people know and understand so we can positively impact lives.
This position serves as the group manager for 1 of 3 pillars in studio\Blu, a student-centric outreach service that creates direct support for Idaho and other regional manufacturers to help them improve their profits, products, and services. Responsible for establishing and developing relationships with product manufacturers and interfacing with university researchers to determine business development and/or market insights needs. Position leads and mentors a team of student employees and professional staff in business development for clients, either by managing resource partner activities or directly executing project work.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead with your heart and mind: Make a difference in the lives of small business owners while growing Idaho’s manufacturing industry and economy,
- Stay on the cutting edge of consumer insights, sales, and product marketing strategies as an affiliate of the nationwide NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership,
- Develop and lead projects to aid in business development, new sales channels, and innovation pipelines of Idaho manufacturers,
- Conduct and report formal company needs assessments - analyze a business’s performance and identify areas of improvement using strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Lead a team in the execution of projects in business plan development, marketing and sales strategies, and capital funding support,
- Manage renovation and construction of and day-to-day operations of a new food consumer testing facility for quantitative and qualitative research,
- Directly mentor and demonstrate commitment to the professional development of direct reports, including up to 2 professional staff and 5-10 student-employees.
At a minimum, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or equivalent) in business, social sciences, engineering, or related field; plus 8 years of demonstrated experience in business development and/or market research.
- A Master’s Degree in business, social sciences, or engineering,
- Experience as a professional consultant,
- Experience growing entrepreneurial organizations, including generating funding,
- At least 3 years experience in planning, designing, and executing quantitative and qualitative market research in consumer product goods and services,
- Experience working in advanced manufacturing, such as in food processing, aerospace, electronics, or wood products industries,
- Demonstrated interest in workforce development,
- Experience with managing business development and partner relationships, private and public, serving a wide range of customers in a manufacturing environment,
- At least 2 years of leadership experience with public and private financial management and budgeting,
- Ability to regularly travel to partner and field operations across Idaho, and periodically travel regionally and nationally.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary hiring range is $85,000 or higher, depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Resume, cover letter, and 3 references.
In 2021 studio\Blu was established at Boise State to connect Idaho industry, entrepreneurs, students and research faculty to advance manufacturing and workforce resources. We offer a wide variety of services to help our clients move products to market through business development, design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing. studio\Blu combines services to support entrepreneurial product development and commercialization and research faculty and student support, while providing experiential learning opportunities for students from multiple disciplines. For more information on studio\Blu, visit: https://www.studiobluidaho.org.
About Boise State:
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.