Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The primary responsibilities include managing incoming service requests and creating work orders for various tasks, including preventive maintenance and corrective actions. The position involves scheduling work assignments for tradesmen and team members, as well as conducting debriefings to ensure task completion. Additionally, the role requires responding to overnight messages and maintaining schedules for different types of work orders while forecasting workload for the coming month.
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
● Take incoming service request calls.
● Create work orders for service requests, PM’s, and corrective action work.
● Schedules work for tradesmen and team members.
● Debrief with tradesmen and team members after or during the completion of each call.
● Respond to all messages left overnight.
● Maintain the schedules for Preventative Maintenance, Corrective and Reactive work orders.
● Forecast workload for 30 days out.
● Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
● Follow up on all pending and recommended work with a team.
● Maintain billing, scheduling, and staging of materials and database information.
● Maintains history files in CMS.
● Prepare paperwork for all manufactured warranty parts.
● Facilitates return of warranty parts.
● Check work orders for information to ensure close-out is accurate.
● Schedules contractor activities for building access.
● Verifies vendor times and charges.
● Requisitions supplies and equipment necessary to complete preventative, corrective, and reactive service.
● Assure all work is documented and work orders are closed in CMS. This includes all labor, materials, and history is documented.
● Work with the Construction Foreman, TMA, and maintenance team to ensure all equipment and preventative maintenance inspections have been input into the CMS with the Manufacturer’s recommendations.
● Enforces Boise State University safety and risk management policies and procedures; reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner and identifies and corrects unsafe work conditions with management oversight.
● Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
● May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Excellent management and organizational skills.
● Must have computer skills including working with a CMMS System
● Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files, and records.
● Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Some knowledge of: supervisory practices.
Experience: planning and coordinating facility scheduling, food service, and facility and equipment set-up for a variety of events including meetings and conferences; interpreting and applying policies and procedures and explaining them to others; allocating expenditures, reconciling accounts, and making fund transfers; resolving conflicts.
A valid Driver's License is required.
● High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
● Service contracting experience.
● Scheduling experience.
● Facility maintenance experience.
● CMS background.
● Background in Carpentry, and General Facilities.
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary of $21-$24.10/hr, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.