The Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Foundational Studies at Boise State University is excited to announce an opportunity for a tenure-track/tenured faculty position at the Assistant or Associate rank, with a focus on mathematics education. We are particularly interested in candidates who have specialized knowledge in elementary and/or middle grades mathematics.
Key responsibilities for this role encompass teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses, cultivating a robust research program supported by external funding sources, offering guidance and mentorship to undergraduate and graduate students, and actively participating in University and professional service activities. Successful candidates will commence their position in the fall of 2024.
The College of Education and the Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Foundational Studies boast a rich tradition of fostering research and collaboration, both internally within the college and in partnership with various university units, dedicated to enhancing the field of education and our local communities. Our unwavering commitment is to serve K-12 schools, educators, and students throughout Idaho, with a special focus on our rural school districts. Our strategic location in the state capital affords our faculty a unique opportunity to actively engage in critical state-level dialogues that influence educational policy in Idaho. We have several faculty and professional staff that are actively involved in numerous state and federally funded mathematics education research and service projects (for example, see https://www.boisestate.edu/mec/ for more information).
The College of Education and Boise State University are steadfast in their dedication to providing resources that empower faculty members to advance their research, scholarly pursuits, and teaching endeavors. We are committed to supporting your professional growth and development.
About Boise State:
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about faculty careers at Boise State and the City of Boise.
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
- PhD or EdD in mathematics education. ABD candidates are encouraged to apply, but will need completed doctoral degree at time of appointment (August 2024)
- Experience conducting research with substantial connections to K-12 mathematics education.
- Teaching experience in K-12 mathematics education.
- Capacity to support masters and doctoral students in mathematics education research.
- Experience on research teams and securing externally funded grants.
- Experience and involvement in the U.S. K-12 educational system.
- Expertise in instructing and engaging with individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds.
- Robust methodological foundation in a specific area, such as qualitative research, quantitative research, or measurement.
- Experience supporting mathematics learning for preservice and/or in-service teachers.
- Proficiency in establishing connections and collaborating with local K-12 schools and school districts.
- Consistent record of scholarly contributions to K-12 mathematics education research.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee indicating your interests and qualifications for this position (maximum of 750 words).
- CV that includes employment history (including dates of employment).
- Unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
Position will remain open until filled, with review to begin on October 18, 2023.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Michele Carney (email@example.com)
Salary and Benefits:
$68,265.6 - $82,492.80. Salary is commensurate with rank and experience.
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family.