||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
To plan, direct, and perform skilled maintenance and repair of a large state building or a complex of smaller buildings; or function as a foreman over varied skilled trades areas; perform related work.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
60% of Time the Building Facility Foreman must:
● Determines needs and makes arrangements for contracted services; negotiates with subcontractors; inspects work for compliance with contract; estimates budgets/cost expenditures; lays out locations for staging and special events, directs set-up and maintenance; evaluates equipment life expectancy, replaces as appropriate; writes maintenance reports; meets with tenants, program directors, maintenance personnel, and others to define needs and to keep facility organized and running smoothly; interviews and hires staff and contractors, assigns work and evaluates performance. Incumbents may supervise skilled trades staff.
● Examines interior and exterior of buildings for damage, initiates necessary repair; inspects fire extinguishers and systems for working ability; maintains plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and related systems; repairs appliances, plumbing fixtures, and replaces lights, ballasts, receptacles, and switches; builds and repairs wooden structures; sets up and operates sound system; inspects boilers and chillers for safe and efficient operation and tears down and repairs when appropriate; inspects and lubricates fans, filters, and motors; repairs roofs; performs routine maintenance of vehicles; insures grounds surrounding facility are cared for properly and sprinkler systems are maintained; oversees painting, remodeling, and building repairs; may oversee custodial services; sets up preventive maintenance schedules.
• Serves as primary contact, supervises projects, and coordinates all facility schedules and access for Dona Larsen Park and other supported venues.
• Supervises all maintenance and repair activities at Dona Larsen Park, including mechanical and HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, and artificial turf systems.
• Oversees all landscaping and grounds maintenance of Dona Larsen Park as well as the sand areas of the athletic beach volleyball courts. Oversee all assigned athletic fields during scheduled event activities.
• Supports weekly Facility Operations Planning Meetings with subordinates and co-workers to coordinate event set up, and plan service activities for assigned facilities. Works closely with the athletic department Facility Scheduler to ensure that accurate activity schedules are communicated to all operations staff and other related groups and individuals.
• Supervises facility set up and take down for all athletic sports and events on all assigned athletic facilities.
Considerable knowledge of: building maintenance.
Good knowledge of: building codes
Some knowledge of: heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) related work; supervisory practices.
Experience: performing skilled repair and maintenance in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building maintenance, and grounds related work; using specialized tools and equipment associated with trades indicated; maintaining maintenance records and preparing related reports; estimating material needs and costs for jobs; reading blueprints and specifications.